Board trackers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone actually have a "board track" to race on, or does flipping bars upside down make a board tracker? I am not understanding the trend. Just wondering if anyone actually races board track someplace.

The flipped bar cruisers are a styling exercise that emulates ancient motor racers. Actual modern board (velodrome) racing is done with brakeless fixed gear diamond frame track bikes with Maes bend handles.

Baron von Zach said:
Dboy9887 said:
This is an awesome picture, they sure dont make velodrome tracks out of wood any more!

???

What except wood could they possibly use to build velodrome tracks?

This is the track of the National Cycling Centre in Manchester:

manchester-velodrome.jpg

It opened in September 1994 and remained the only indoor Olympic-standard track in the United Kingdom for 18 years and was relaid with Siberian pine in Summer 2007.
It is now complemented with the new velodrome for the 2012 London Olympics, which is being built from - you guessed it - wood.

I have never seen anything else being used for building indoor velodrome tracks.
But I sure stand corrected if you show me something different.

Now that is SWEEEEEEET! I would love to have access to something like that just to get some winter riding in. I find that I don't have much motivation to ride when my boogers freeze! :oops:

Back