Born Ruffian

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up this frame on ebay, its a Motobecane "mirage sport".. My plan is to turn it into a lo pro-Pursuit looking bike..

Sorry for the wobbly pic but its mostly for reference.. :D

wp000183.jpg

I dont want to chop the frame before i get the rear track drop outs in place, so i started with the fork, cutting of the drop outs and a bit of the legs to make the geo a bit tighter.. Hopefully i will have pics of that tomorrow..

Cheers, Dregg!

Some chopping and welding later.. Got some track ends on, chopped of a bit of the fork and rewelded the dropouts to tighten up the front geo..

wp000192.jpg

Next week im going to sort out the headtube/steerer.. It has french threading and the only headset i have that matches is really worn out. I need to find a threaded headtube and reweld it to the fork..

Such subtle diferences, but looking much better already! You going to be lowering the rear end also, going for the lo-pursuit look, right? Just liking the stance it has now. 8) Good luck with the headtube search :)

Latest posts

Back