Bourbon & Blue - FINISHED -

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made a little progress this weekend. Stripped and polished the old microphone and got an awesome external BB. The frame and other parts should have color on them this week!

IMG_3931.jpg IMG_3924.jpg

Yeah, the narrower the rim, the more 'bulbous' your tire will look when inflated, taller and rounder. Your idea of 57 mm rim and only a 2.125 tire will produce a flatter profile (wide and flat, not tall). Both work. Just depends on your preference or what looks best with the look you are trying to achieve. See how the Thickslick pushes up and out from that deep-v rim above? That's the shape you get with a narrow rim.

Here's my 2.2 Thickslick on a wide 1.75 " or 41 mm wide rim...

IMG_20160518_090748.jpg

Maybe you can put a little sample sound in there so when you get tail gated on the bike path the microphone talks....in it's best Yosemite Sam voice, "Back off!"

Now THIS has to be useful :)

IMG_3926.jpg

And maybe one of these too!

s-l1600-1.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Woah White thick slick !! :43: :inlove:

may look odd beside cream colored tires like most ballon tires tho:39:
(if you go with fatty rear -skinny front like one of your drawings)

Finish coat of primer after filling the pits - color soon. Getting there!!
DSCN3649.JPG

Super selection of parts and ideas. Welcome to the BO!
Have fun!

Color is on!!!
51018636f59fb5ee55175492065c9465.jpg

b6ef4144904c4f6268c0455c1085ef00.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bottom bracket is in.

86899f5c929e110deba79d2fdf2efb33.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that a 1-piece to 3-piece conversion? What kind is it?—it's much nicer looking than what I got.

I almost went with the same color, but ended up going a little darker. I'm wondering if I made a mistake—it's a great color.

Is that a 1-piece to 3-piece conversion? What kind is it?—it's much nicer looking than what I got.

I almost went with the same color, but ended up going a little darker. I'm wondering if I made a mistake—it's a great color.
I LOVE the color as well, thanks. The BB is an external BMX style from Odyssey. The cranks arms are from Sunday and the sprocket is a Rennen 48t

Man...you almost got a vote out of me on that color selection alone! One of my all-time favorite old school colors! Now, your orange stand mount in the background would be a nice accent color....:nerd:

Back