Brass soldering/welding/glueing/???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am thinking about adding some brass knuckles as a head badge on my cruiser project....
I want them sticking straight out if that makes sense....

I don't think you can weld brass, however, so I am going over options in my head.

I'd like your input.

Weld on a bolt(s)

Braze or solder it on?

Glue it? Don't think this wouold be very durable, but someone might know a secret I don't...

Anyone?

I've got a set of brass knucks, and they are fairly hefty. If it was me, here's what I'd do. Drill and tap the original holes for the badge so it takes a machine screw...maybe a 6-40 or 8-32. Get some brass machine screws and grind the heads down so you have a pin that is threaded on one end. Screw them into the frame with a spot of epoxy. Drill 2 holes in your knucks that align with the pins. Use silver solder (don't forget the flux) and solder the knucks to the pins. B607

Yeah... Id say that would be a pretty good way to go about it... You also could tack weld some small nuts on the frame and drill though the nuks..... using bolts just long enough to get through and then the dept of the nuts... Or tack weld a small chunk of steel on the headtube the nuks would rest against... then drill through that to a couple holes in the nuks that you could tap to accept some machine screws...

I think screwing them to something some how would be a good plan though... that would make them removable and give you some options...

Back