Brazen 🔥 (Finished)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
was quite clever how you squared up those forks, I havnt seen that method.... I was actually drooling over the old parts in the background! the chrome BMX frame had killer curves and that twin disc thing with V brake too, Awwwww man!
back to the paint n patina, looks fantstic, I found it can be a really annoying thing if you dont get the pic of your bike at the right time of day as in sun, angles etc, it can make a huge difference! the crank set, sprocket and pedals really do it for on this machine! as well the seat n grips , has to be a top contender even having not seen over half the field! great work!

Another couple rounds of clear after adding some leaf to the center mesh.
20230706_104137.jpg

20230706_123423.jpg

A bit confused hung it rom a ook by the lattice, but if it's funny laugh away. 😁 hehehe
It's probably only me. Just laughing at an unintended visual pun, the diamond mesh with the lattice.
Not all my jokes are hits, I guess. Carry on

For cable ties and tank mounts I am having difficulty picking the color of the wire. I have this 20 Guage un-tarnished brass colored wire, or some 16 Guage tarnish colored. I picked the thinner wire and started because it is close, but have been second-guessing that decision.
20230707_102548.jpg

Any thoughts and input is appreciated.

For cable ties and tank mounts I am having difficulty picking the color of the wire. I have this 20 Guage un-tarnished brass colored wire, or some 16 Guage tarnish colored. I picked the thinner wire and started because it is close, but have been second-guessing that decision.
View attachment 239990
Any thoughts and input is appreciated.
This is nit-picking an already awesome detail. Seeing the 20 gauge next to the 16 makes the 16 look like a temp repair more than a purposeful attachment. I would go larger guage. This is only after seeing it side by side. Don't get me wrong, had you not compared the 2, I was fully onboard with the 16.

This is nit-picking an already awesome detail. Seeing the 20 gauge next to the 16 makes the 16 look like a temp repair more than a purposeful attachment. I would go larger guage. This is only after seeing it side by side. Don't get me wrong, had you not compared the 2, I was fully onboard with the 16.
I didn't think of it from that perspective. Purposeful vs Rigged. Thanks Bobby!

To add confusion or clarity in the decision, found some "vintage bronze" 16g wire at hobby lobby while I was out. The Bigger Guage and even closer to the tarnished brass on the frame.
20230707_140423.jpg

I think the wire looks good. Would vinegar tarnish it a bit for a little brown and green patina?
Thats a good idea. I tried. It's tarnish resistant wire. Vinegar, brass ager, phosphoric acid, nothing seems to phase it.

I did mount the tank with the new wire. Looks waay better IMO.
20230708_071933.jpg

Will work on tying in the cables today at some point after chores.

Thats a good idea. I tried. It's tarnish resistant wire. Vinegar, brass ager, phosphoric acid, nothing seems to phase it.

View attachment 240115
Most excellent! I would even go a step further and pinch the loops together a bit so they are touching in parallel the way the wire sits on the roll.

View attachment 240115
Wire 'disappears' in this photo!

And in this one, your 'Brazen' is blazin' ! A more color consistent background with the bike in the sun like here,and that's a winner in my book.

Screenshot_20230708_115215_Chrome.jpg

Most excellent! I would even go a step further and pinch the loops together a bit so they are touching in parallel the way the wire sits on the roll.
I was planning to put a few wines just on the frame in between the wires holding the tank on.

Wire 'disappears' in this photo!

And in this one, your 'Brazen' is blazin' ! A more color consistent background with the bike in the sun like here,and that's a winner in my book.

View attachment 240158
I missed that detail. Will take a pic of the larger wire at 7pm or so and see if the same happens. It matches the frame pretty well in sun.

'Brazen' is blazin' !
😎 😋 👍

Back