BRNK Morgtitian

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As some of you may know or have read in the most recent BRNK, I was the winner of the Firebikes Morgtitian frame raffle. Since I recieved the frame I have been itching to ride it so I decided to mock it up with parts taken from other bikes in my stable. I also had a Choppers US springer that I have been trying to find a home for for over a year. My first problem was the the frame had a 1" head tube, well the first logical thought was to chop the brand new, shiney, expensive frame and set it up with an 1 1/8". With a quick trip to the local welding shop and many $$$ later (I really need to learn to weld) the bike is ready to be put together. In true rat style I picked up some flat black primer and gave it a quick spray. I was well on my way to having it ridable but that night I had a gall baldder attack and for the last two weeks I've been to the ER and had surgery. Today is the first day in about three weeks I've been able to get out to the garage. It only took four bikes to get the parts to make this one but I'm grinnin' from ear to ear ridding it. This thing is huge at 8', it takes every inch of a two lane street to turn around and I ain't going to win any slolam races but other than that it rides great. I have alot of plans for this bike but for now it will stay like this...Kelly
img0717dg4.jpg

img0715cy0.jpg

Wow !!
As Paris Hilton would say..."Thats HOT"
:mrgreen:

I would have asked the Fab guy if he could have given you
a deal on chopping the gall bladder too :shock:

Really though......I hope your health is coming along as well
as the bike is.

I'm glad you guys like it. As I said I have plans for this one including a Nexus hub, kustom paint and striping and whatever else sounds good between now and then. My goal is to make this pretty enough to put it in the Grand Rapids Autorama next year. When I first discovered kustom bicycles four or five years ago, Firebikes was one of the first companys that really made me say WOW. I have wanted one of their frames ever since, this is one of my dream bikes and I'm really looking forward to putting my spin on it...Kelly

Back