Brooklyns Back in Time Machine aka McFly

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats happening guys, it's been a little over a month and I've customized the Schwinn a bit more. Mostly for the better. I'm not sure about the red fenders, so I want to get some feedback here what you all think.

P1010176.jpg

P1010186.jpg

P1010180.jpg

(before)
schwinnnewyorker.jpg

I think the two tone looked better but the red fenders make the whole thing look more unified. Word to the wise, putting the fenders in the oven to harden the paint doesn't always work. The red crinkled up and alligatored, at about 250 degrees but maybe it looks cool, kinda rough? Using heat/fire might be a good way to make new paint look old and weathered.
The red paint is Duplicolor, the tan is Molotov/Beltron super graffiti spray paint. Bought the fender light from motorcycle catalog. 12v drill battery running the show. A nice little siren,(ebay) sounds like a baby 50's cop car, a little high pitched but funny. And the rear rack was scored off ebay for 10 bucks(Columbia).
Next to come I'm scrapping the wood tank and going with a fiberglass one, we'll see how that comes out, give me a week.
Built the truss rods from, thanks to some's suggestion on here, Auto brake line housing tubes. They bend fairly easy, maybe too easy, but are the right thickness ect. Then inserted an inch or two that threaded steal rods from the hardware store. Gorilla glued them in. Cut my mounting bracket from some sheet metal.

These bikes are my inspiration more or less. Whatcha all think two tone, red and tan? Or just go with the red?
1941bfg.jpg

055.jpg

Back