Brooks Sadle Question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to the bicycling thing and was looking at Brooks Sadles on eBay and see several listed as Womens and as Mens? What is the difference in these?

Thanks!

Not a Brooks expert by ANY means, but I believe the difference is mainly in the shape of the saddle. Women's saddles are typically shorter front to back tand widen from front back a little sooner than the equivalent men's model.
Must be an anatomical thing.

I believe the construction, spring rates, etc...are the same.

Hope this is right and helps if it is. :roll:

Cheers,
Dr. T

I have a Brooks B190 saddle on two of my customs. The B190 is the largest most heavy duty saddle they make. Once broken in It is by far the most comfortable saddle ever......like a butt hammock! They are expensive $190.00, worth every penny! Go on the brooks web site: http://www.brooksengland.com. There you can shop all the different saddles they offer.They give you specs on size & load bearing. You can also buy from them direct. I went with the B190 because I'm over 300lbs with a big wide tail end & that's the largest saddle they offer. The saddle also has an estedic enhancement factor you can't ignore! You won't be disappointed.
6bee8f4d.jpg

i love brooks. +1 to the bro who said the lady's saddles are pretty much just shorter, but the quick way to know if it's a lady's or not is if it has an "s" in the model name. B17 is the regular guy's saddle; B17s is the shorter nose-to-rear lady's version. They only make a handful of models in the "s" version.

-rob

Back