build off 2 stuff

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RE: True Rat. There are only so many looks you can go with using flat black rattle can , rust, red rims and white wall tires, right? So it would get pretty boring if we didn't 'branch out'...hence the diversity of the build bikes. Grow...

RE: Riding pics. Are great...but not the end of the world. Now Bikini pin up girls with the bike pictures are something that would add value :mrgreen: . (within a 'family' context of course)

it is funny after we got done shooting the photos of the ratty truck i thought how cool it would have been to do them with a hot hot rod chick with tats and all. but then i thought it may be a bit much as this is a family friendly site for the most part.

ya but if the girl didn't have the ink on it should be OK :wink:

sry being into rat rod bikes and cars all my chick freinds are well.... inked :shock:

I hear ya, man...I think they ALL are these days. Not a problem with me...just joshin'

I have some of them pictures!....but after some careful inspection .......I felt it would not be a good idea :wink: I belive I would have recived an ear full from the good people of this board :mrgreen:

you will have to email me for them lolol I like the Brooks Saddle one myself oh and the mountain bike one is good to :mrgreen:

FW

My idea is dragging this thread downhill... :shock: :| :) :D :lol:

Can't take credit

People, do not give me credit for the "every day is a build off" quote! Someone else said it on an old build off discussion thread. I tried searching for it to find the author's name, but failed. Whoever you are, it's your quote and we like it.

Hugo

Gerry, if you're talking about who I think you're talking about ........ :shock: :mrgreen: .... and as much of a fan that I am of that guy's work, then I would love to see how you can "Rock" that frame out!

There is no way of telling for sure if anyone's really doing their own work or if the end result is truely rideable. It would be nice to think that each person is taking a frame and doing all their own work from that point, but it just isn't possible for everyone to accomplish every aspect of their project themselves. Some of the guys and gals can, but for most, we have to rely on a little "outsourcing" from time to time. My advice, do as much of the work as you possibly can and take pride in knowing that you created your your own vision to the best of your abilities. As for the future buildoffs, just be upfront about what you do and what is farmed out ( and please don't think that I'm inferring that anyone didn't acknowledge any help they got). It all starts with each individual's ideas and how to get it finshed to their likings.

I could take a bike with a cracked frame, no seat, rims that are bent, deraillier not working and no stopping power, but if I'm crazy enough to ride it a few feet for a pic, well then it's rideable. So I assume that all bikes are rideable when posted as finals, but safe :? .... maybe. Yes, riding pics are cool but not essential to a good build! I'm just shy of 6 foot tall and about 270 lbs.. I ride Pixies in races and into battle, but not for more than 100 feet at a time, does this make them rideable or not? I say NO, a rideable bike is comfy for the person that it's intended and should be able to be ridden a few miles with very few regrets. Post pics of you riding or not, but don't make them part of the criteria for the build offs.

CBN has had build offs in the past that could be termed "No Holds" and many very cool bikes have emerged. Most have been ratted or completely scratch built. A few have been shopped more than chopped. By that I mean, a few of the guys have had the money to buy everything or paid to have everything done. Cool bikes, but obviously not in the true spirit of a build off.

If we're gonna have a build off than make it mandatory that a few things have to be used in the contest.
How about something like this:\
At least one 20" rim. Use it for it's intended purpose or any way you woul like!
At least one door knob. House door style. for whatever you see fit.
3 handlebar grips. no more, no less, just 3 any way you wish.
And finally,
The address " http://www.ratrodbikes.com "must appear somewhere on the bike. stickered, printed, painted, scrathed into the surface, etc.

These are all items that anyone can find or purchase cheaply and could get the gears turning in our craniums!

Just a thought,
Chainsaw

Yes Chainsaw, it's who you think it is. I have been thinking about my very own frame design for over a year now. Finally came to draw something I like this week. If all goes well, I should post it this week(The design I mean, still need to get some stuff together before he lights up the welder). It shall be called "The Rocket".

I finally found a place where I can have fun without emptying my wallet! A group of people who take pride in building something beautiful as cheaply as possible. PLEASE don't change it! If anything put a LIMIT on what you can spend for the next build off.

I like the limit idea. I love all the bikes in the build off. But felt a little like some were not , really rat bikes. Don;t anyone start throwin a fit. When I see a rat car I get excited about, its usually made of, well, junk. Yep, left over rusted, oh lord I hope it holds together, because it's all I can afford with what I don't get paid. So saying that. I guess some peoples junk piles could just be ALOT nicer that what I could dream of... So my motto is, the more junk, the better. So saying that, its not wrong to make your "junk look good". Ugh Im not saying anything useful. Ill quit..

CCR said:
but its so easy to blame Hugo, and almost as fun as Ricky. :lol:

true true and now we have a new ricky thanks to kingpin. ahhh times are good.

Back