build this

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi everybody here at rad rod bikes...
this is my a bike design

4315203560_2b8f41e62b.jpg

still rough design, but i think it would be a great bike...
right now im stil working on 3dcad version of it

anyone here interested building it? :lol:
cheers..

Cool design ,but it looks like two problems to me. If you make the stays in the back come to a point There is no way to build dropouts. You cant put the wheel and axels inside the frame first and then come back in a slot.Well you could but it would have to have a bunch of room to do it. The other is its going to be a real short BB . I have seen several bikes here built like that ,but I think they would be very uncomfortable to ride. It would make a good looking bike. Move the wheel down below the bottom chainstays and the BB (crank) to about 3'' up in the middle of the seatpost and the front down tube and it will be a good riding bike,and still look good too.

I would only ride a bike I could potentially jump off a curb on, but I really like the way it looks. -A lot.

You could just gusset the stays and slot from the back the tubes would stop at the dropout slot but the look would remain the same and the wheel could stay in the position drawn. Its a way cool design as is and would be a shame to move that wheel location. I'll try and post a small sketch later.
LATER

You could bologna cut back the tubes and plate the ends so it will not look too blunt .

Nice fix on the dropouts. That would definatly work. You could run the tubes all the way to the slots. Still need the bb forward. Unless you built the bike really tall ,that will be a 17 18inch pedal length and way to short to be comfortable.Needs at least 23 to 25 inches from the top of the seat post to the side of the BB. :wink:

looks sweet, what program did you use to do the 3d?

Beautiful work Antial. That would definetly make for a fantastic build. I have built several of the frames that are close to the ground ,and other than getting them in an out of the house they dont pose much of a problem. That web site Pedal Scrapers would eat this up. :wink:

Thank You cman..

xHOBOPHOBIAx, Im using 3dsmax..

deorman.. :lol:

yes siberian, the bike is kinda low and slow type..but I think its not a show stopper
indonesian roads is like any other road...many speed bump too.. :lol:

Thank You Uncle, yeah i think so.... :wink:

tx stantlin, im using 3dsmax

since i don't have the ability to make it real bike, :cry:
id be happy if someone build this bike..... :lol:

Uncle Stretch said:
Can you do a full size drawing of it ?
you have peaked the uncle's interest.

I could build that. A full scale pic would help, wonder what it would cost to mail a small package from Indonesia to here. ha ha

Cool lookin bike man. looks like you might have a builder that just came out of retirement before he got a chance to retire. :D. Shure would be cool to see this thing built.

Back