building a frame with conduit??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ratina, hi, i am new to this site. if you go an look at my bikes i have alot of conduit in them. they are in the forum other bikes. go buy a harbor fright mig welder that uses flux core pluge into a 110 house current and cost about $120.00. use .031 wire, get that at home depot its better wire. as soon as i am able to that is the set up i will use. good luck.

Outlaw :mrgreen:

In reference to building with conduit, There is a guy in the Denver Cruisers that built a long flat cruiser made from electrical conduit. I remember him saying the welding was pretty toxic so be sure to wear some protection. I believe there is a picture of his bike used as the main picture for the Denver Cruisers on Myspace. I believe his name on myspace is the kustom kid. His real name is John, he may be able to tell you more about his bike. He also made his own tank with a bladder and sippin straw. good luck

I have used conduit before, as far as cleaning off the galvinized coating soak it in muratic acid (usually found at pool supply houses) this will remove the coating and allow it to be weldable without the toxic fumes.
I told you to never bother me while I am working in my lab!!!

Back