Buying-Selling... More than just TALK

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are a Buyer, you want the lowest price you can get . If you are a Seller you want the highest price you can get. I picked up a beautiful Girls Roadmaster. Tank-rack-fenders all complete right down to the seat . I take my riders and this bike down to an antique car show. I put the price at 195.00 I figure I will play the game and sell it for 150 to 170. I buy the bike , detail it a little , pay for my space and gas down there . Everyone says Beautiful bike. Takes pictures, tells me their bike stories and most everyone expects to buy it for 35.00. I don't want to part it out! But it's not easy to get a fair price for a nice bike from the public ! I know many of you have had same experience too . East Coast and West Coast are easier than Midwest on bike sales . Many Over Inflated people have Hot Air opinions, but when it comes down to it. I wish there were more people actually in the Hobby for the love of the Hobby. To me it is much more rewarding than getting talked down to at an Antique car show by an ,;",@&$. :)

Brought 2 complete bikes to local swap last Saturday. No sale either one - and was flexible on price. Was told my many that whole bikes are hard to move.:(

If you are a Buyer, you want the lowest price you can get . If you are a Seller you want the highest price you can get. I picked up a beautiful Girls Roadmaster. Tank-rack-fenders all complete right down to the seat . I take my riders and this bike down to an antique car show. I put the price at 195.00 I figure I will play the game and sell it for 150 to 170. I buy the bike , detail it a little , pay for my space and gas down there . Everyone says Beautiful bike. Takes pictures, tells me their bike stories and most everyone expects to buy it for 35.00. I don't want to part it out! But it's not easy to get a fair price for a nice bike from the public ! I know many of you have had same experience too . East Coast and West Coast are easier than Midwest on bike sales . Many Over Inflated people have Hot Air opinions, but when it comes down to it. I wish there were more people actually in the Hobby for the love of the Hobby. To me it is much more rewarding than getting talked down to at an Antique car show by an ,;",@&$. :)
Non bike people just dont understand. When I got interested in old bikes, they were more expensive than I thought also, and harder to find, down here anyway.

Back