california rolling - suggestions welcome

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am making a trip to san francisco and then down the coast to LA - coming from australia i am keen to pick up some parts that are hard to impossible to get here - specifically a firebikes fluid frame (assuming they are still making them - i heard a rumor they had closed shop) - some thick bricks (red and cream) - monark style forks - places that do custom frames etc

any suggestions would be appreciated - thanks in advance

Since you'll be in SF and then traveling south, it's worth it to make two stops in San Jose (about 50 miles south of SF and is on your way to L.A. whether you take 101 south or out to I-5 south).

The first stop would be at Faber's Cyclery, 702 S 1st St., San Jose, CA, (408) 294-1314. This is a local famous place. It's practically a bike museum. You can rummage through his "junkyard" and could also ask him if he has a certain part that you are looking for. Chances are is that he has it. His name is Alex. It's hard to catch him during the week, but he's always at the shop on the weekend.
110_0160.JPG

110_0161.JPG

Here's a link to more pictures of his place. There's more that I haven't photographed.
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=2083485

There's also another place called Shorty Fatz that's not too far away. They build custom bikes. They're located at 725 N.10th St. #130
San Jose, CA 95112, (408) 588-0000. They're about 10 blocks from Faber's. These guys are really cool.

Here's some of what they built.
100_4219.JPG

100_4225.JPG

Here's a link to their website.
http://shortyfatz.com/

megajello said:
i am making a trip to san francisco and then down the coast to LA - coming from australia i am keen to pick up some parts that are hard to impossible to get here - specifically a firebikes fluid frame (assuming they are still making them - i heard a rumor they had closed shop) - some thick bricks (red and cream) - monark style forks - places that do custom frames etc

any suggestions would be appreciated - thanks in advance
in biz ..big move planned for 2010.. new web page and new bikes soon... best to contact through our web page...sam

Back