Caloi Rio Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Rat Roddy Daddy, lookin good! How about a set of old chrome fenders (a little bit of rust, a few dings, etc.) and old chrome handle bars? I've got some dump-finds that should end the comments coming from the youngsters. Cheap, cheap, cheap! Put a little NH Yankee on that Texas Rebel! Oh yeah! Rat Rod can tell you how to reach me if you're interested. :D

Varoom and PR, thanks for the continued suggestions.

You're probably right on the reflectors, and those are easy enough to lose. So I may do that later today.

If I ever decide to put any fenders on it or swap handle bars I will be sure to let you know, PR.

Rat Rod said:
Yeah, that is pretty funny.

I don't think there are hardly any bikes made outside of China anymore. An exception might be some of the hi-end American road and mountain bikes out there, but they usually sell in the $5000 range...usually professional grade bikes only sold at bike shops.

check out: worksmancycles.com, they claim, their the oldest in USA

Okay, here's the latest update. I got rid of the reflectors - and I must agree, Varoom, that did clean it up a lot.

So I'm happy with how it looks now after the changes I made today.

I know getting rid of the water bottle holder would help clean it up too - but I use that when we go riding, so I guess I will have to live with that on it.

Thanks again to everyone for all of the suggestions.

IMG_0804.jpg

:D Now that's what I'm talkin' bout

Check out your before and after, sometimes

less is more. Vroom!

RRDad,

Major league improvement, well done. I like the fact that the frame has a waterbottle mount, I have to resort to clamp on (the handlebars) mounted cages for my cantilever style frames.

One thinhg I did notice that concerns me though. It may be nothing, but I would hate to see you take a header.

It seems as though you have raised the stem considerably. They typically have some form of warning on them "minimum insertion" etc and/or a line indicating how much of the stem needs to be down in the fork to be safe.

Please just check that so we don't have to worry about you. :)

perfect!!
I love it...and if you want to get rid of the Water Bottle( Which I would do )...you can wear the Fanny Pack that holds 2 bottles behind yur waist.
They are actually pretty comfortable around the mid section..and it will clean the bike.

I still think it's screaming to be Pin Striped...but it looks GREAT with all the new changes..

Now your hooked..cuttin up Cars / bikes is not a crime!
peace,
Kev.

62Higgins, thanks for mentioning the handlebar stem. I did raise it some but I made sure it still had plenty of length down in the neck. I will check it again sometime, though, to be sure I haven't raised it above a warning line of some sort.

Locojoe, the flask looks great. I am thinking maybe I need to find some type of cool water bottle for mine. Maybe a flamed one or something similar. Or maybe even just a solid black one to match some of the other black stuff on the bike.

If you dont like the black bars I got a set of chromes!
Looks alooot better without the decals! Chrome fenders?

Clothespin "n" said:
dumpster_diver said:
If you dont like the black bars I got a set of chromes!
Looks alooot better without the decals! Chrome fenders?

DD...I'll bet you could sell Ice to an Eskimo!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just making sure that man's bike looks the way he wants it. I got chrome bars that would look great on there!

Thanks, DD. I'm good with it for now. I took it for a spin yesterday to go get a salad at my local Wendy's. It was a nice day to ride on the streets and not be dodging cars since everyone was home watching football.

If I decide later, though, that I want to change some things on it - add some fenders, chrome handle bars, etc., I will check with you on the parts.

By the way, Locojoe, I meant to mention that the bike next to the one with the flask looks great.

I love the spider web sprocket on it - and also the decal (or paint job?) on the chainguard. Both things look great.

RatRodDad said:
By the way, Locojoe, I meant to mention that the bike next to the one with the flask looks great.

I love the spider web sprocket on it - and also the decal (or paint job?) on the chainguard. Both things look great.

Thanks. It's a Dyno Roadster style frame I bult up. A neighbor kid painted the chainguard for me. More pics here http://locojoe.com/bikeblog/pages/black_pearl.html

Randy,

If you haven't posted #14 on here, put it up. Everyone will love it.

It is my favorite in your collection.

Loco Joe, the racing bike looks great. I really appreciate the work you did on it after I checked out the "before" picture.

Thanks 62Higgins for suggesting that he add the link. It was definately worth checking out.

Latest posts

Back