Can anyone help to identify the bike frame

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9236eff077b4a2e7975f0115b9461ddb.jpg

Might get more hits in the I.D. section. Likely a mid-30's rollfast or hawthorne. To properly I.D. it might require closer photos of the dropouts and maybe some pics of the rear triangle with all of the stuff removed.

Thanks ya I got it for 30 bucks I was just focused on the frame and the forks im trashing the saddle and the rims

I couldn't see any I'd tags on it bit what's weird it has chain adjusters in the drop outs

Hey, if you don't want the rims, let me know what you would take for them shipped to 65803. I have this strange urge to lace the two together and make a wide rear wheel. BIG PIMPIN' !!!!

Ignoring the various added bits, I don't think thats any modern dime store frame. It' either pretty old or pretty costly. I.D. section posting idea seconded.

I agree that you need more input. Understand that what I noted was just an opinion. I don't recognize that frame but I'm in no way an authority! It's possible that the more modern parts could've been added by someone else.

After looking closer, I noticed the location of the seat post bolt. That would not be on a common department store bike. A picture of the dropouts would be helpful, but I now believe that the frame is possibly a '30s Elgin Motor Bike.

Here's a thread that might be useful for you.

You can also compare it to some of these pictures.

Last edited:
After looking closer, I noticed the location of the seat post bolt. That would not be on a common department store bike. A picture of the dropouts would be helpful, but I now believe that the frame is possibly a '30s Elgin Motor Bike.

Here's a thread that might be useful for you.

You can also compare it to some of these pictures.
Thanks for the help

Hey, if you don't want the rims, let me know what you would take for them shipped to 65803. I have this strange urge to lace the two together and make a wide rear wheel. BIG PIMPIN' !!!!
I never shipped anything before if you lived closer I would just say to come over and get them ... ill try and send you some pictures of the rims they are funky but kind of cool

It is not a big deal. Those "lowrider rims" just got my mind racing, thinking about lacing them together.

Back