Can anyone ID this headlight?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone ID this old Bike Headlight I got online?
I want to convert it to LED when it arrives and I was wondering if anyone had saw this model before and could tell me what it is.

$(KGrHqN,!qUFB,qzFGhJBQe)+vzI4g~~60_57.JPG

On second thought I think I will see if it can be repaired as is and leave it a D cell light. I don't ride much at night so that should be good enough.

If it's a Delta it should be stamped on the bottom piece. Delta's emblem was a little triangle. Gary

Unsure of the make but I will look for the triangle when it arrives.
Wonder if this is a 40's or 50's type item?

Arrived today and looks great on my Schwinn!
It is a nice light but no switch for power on it . I wonder if it was turned on and off by twisting the front area??

400314_4900755196916_185521007_n.jpg

It sorta works with the original guts (goes on and off) but I rigged up a holder and attached an LED light inside. Much better and easier on batteries.

Found an LED light which fits directly into the socket and the body screws on the other side. Will prob get MUCH better burn time with a small 3 LED attached in it over the D battery setup it came with.

387768_4950219193485_641743873_n.jpg

I've got the same EA Horn. Same housing shape except instead of the lens its a 'cheese grader' style covering. Still has the EA red and yellow sticker on the top.

heyslugger said:
I've got the same EA Horn. Same housing shape except instead of the lens its a 'cheese grader' style covering. Still has the EA red and yellow sticker on the top.
I wonder if they came as a set? Someone said they were likely pre-war era. Mine has a small piece of the sticker on the top.

I doubt they are prewar I have seen old ads scanned on google images for them. it seems like they were early 50s - do a google patent search for ea - that may narrow it down.

Back