Can I mount a rear rack to a Felt Heritage?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, new here and to cruiser bikes in general. Former road racer and mtb'r.

Daughter just got her training wheels off, wife has an Electra Daisy, so I want to get something besides my Titus MTB, to ride along with them. Found a Felt Heritage on CL. I think the bike is cool, but I'd like to be able to haul stuff around, from the store and whatnot. I think I want a rear rack. There are no extra holes on the rear triangle of frame to mount a rear rack. Maybe I can piggy back the holes for the fender, not sure. This is all new to me,,,I'd like to go buy this bike tomorrow....my wife just wants me to get something, but is don't want to settle.

Any ideas?

Thanks
felt_heritage_m7_13_z.jpg

Do you want to just buy one-or...experiment a little? o_O

Some non-standard solutions:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Steel-and-Wood-Bicycle-Cargo-Rack/

http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-a-Scrappy-Bike-Rack/

http://www.instructables.com/id/The-incredible-Rim-Rack/

Now i'm not saying your wife might want something a bit more, er, polished, but the great thing about a DIY rack is that you can drill the mounting holes where you want them (say, the fender holes as you mentioned) and the last two Instructables on the Links above use seatpost mounts.(I love Instructables BTW-it's my go-to site for "Dear Lord, why didn't I think of that ?" moments... :headbang:

Nice looking bike! There are two ways you can go. At one time on amazon you could buy a bracket that you could connect to the seat post for the more modern racks. For the last so many years bikes had the seat stays either pre drilled or a 2 things welded to the frame to accept the racks. I think you will find this bracket at Niagara bike shop, good people to deal with. Or you can go on ebay and carefully do a search for racks that are connected to the seat post bolt. The advantage to this is a little more weight can be carried than adding the bracket that is mention in the above.

You can mount the rack down stays to the same spot as the down fender stays. You might need to up size the length of the screws that hold the fender stays.

I like the industrctable racks. You can modeifiy them and make them fit.

Last edited:
Not sure Joe. I just thought I cover all areas. Seat tube, drop outs what ever. The question was sort of open ended. I'm sure every one else might be thinking the same way. Nice looking 56 chevy you have.

At least I was close. I didn't say 65 chevy. I like old cars Fords, Chevys, Dodges it don't matter the make of the old cars they are cool.

During late August we have a little event called the Woodward cruise. Just about any old car you can think of comes out.

Sorry for hijacking.

Are we taking about how to attach the front of the rack or the rear of it?

Oh, good point!. I was talking about the top/front attachment point... b/c a Felt Heritage does have eyelets at the ends, for the fenders. One can almost always run the fender stays and the rack in the same eyelet. Some racks even have auxiliary eyelets for the fenders....

Back