Can You live live with only a bicycle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In today's rising gas prices the world in which we live will soon be forever changed. In this ever changing world who will survive most people live by their automobiles. How will this work who will triumph an Will America rise above Obama's destruction of our way of life? My question to you is can you live with only your bicycle?????

I could get to work all right, but I don't think my bike can handle 1/4 ton of root ball. :p

Cedrus%20atlantica%20glauca-1.jpg

http://www.cravensnursery.com/catalog/c ... -columnar/

In my buisness a bicycle wouldn't work either I hual refridgerated mostly produce an chicken

I not only could but I have ever since my truck died last year. I still miss the truck but with my three bike trailers I manage okay and people get a laugh when they see a bicycle haul more into the scrapyard than they did with their s-10's. I was green before green was cool.

I would have to move a good bit closer to work. I live about 8 miles away and crazy traffic in the military town I live in. I would ride there all the time if I lived within a mile or two of it though. We could always do like the omish and horse and buggy it around on rainy and snowy days, wouldn't be so bad. :D
omishbuggy.jpg

deven_science said:
First of all, no need to get political. It's an interesting question without the blame game.

Second, no. I commute often and in all directions for construction.
If I offended you I apologize but I don't agree with the policies he pushes an the fact that I had to close my hay business because of his Obama care which would force me to provide insurance for my employees that I can't even afford for myself but again if I offended I apologize

outskirtscustoms said:
I not only could but I have ever since my truck died last year. I still miss the truck but with my three bike trailers I manage okay and people get a laugh when they see a bicycle haul more into the scrapyard than they did with their s-10's. I was green before green was cool.
I commend you good sir wish I could do that but 43,000pnds of chicken presents a challenge even with 500hp an 13 gears

Yeah that would, my trailer is rated for 350 lbs but I have hauled 500 lbs in one load but that was as far as I have gone. I routinely haul thrown away washers, dryers, furnaces, water heaters, refrigerators, and other heavy metal I find thrown out to the scrapyard. I have also pulled home furniture, other bikes and parts, groceries, and lots more. Best thing I ever bought.

I sure could, living 3 miles from work now.

When I retire again at my new home in the Philippines I will surely ride every day. Here in the Jacksonville area, the roads are extremely dangerous for bikes, so I ride on the sidewalks. Unless all cars were off the roads, it wouldn't work for everyone here, just those lucky enough to have a good safe route to travel.

I have often considered commuting to work on pedal power. Its 8 miles one way which is doable if I haul my tools in my trailer. But after a 12 or 14 hr day in 100 to 110 degree summer heat that 60 or so pounds of tools and the physical fatigue of a hard day might make the ride home pretty un-bearable! :shock: I use my bike/trailer to haul groceries, car parts from the auto store, heck, I even went to the home store once and brought home a new dishwasher on it. So I guess I save the world on the weekends, and kill it during the week. :mrgreen:

I wish I could, but I take my kids to school in the morning, I might get them into riding to school, but they are a little... you know, whiny in the mornings. :lol:

Some days I go home and get a bike and ride it back to work, but then I have to ride it home and get the car to bring my kids home. haha

The church is maybe 1/2 mile from my house, so it's not much of a commute and saving gas isn't a real issue, but many times I've been at church on a bike and get a call to make a hospital visit, so I have to ride home and get the car, back and forth, back and forth!

I'm still planning to put together a decent urban ride and try more and more, but it's not about being green (only God can save the planet) and it's not about gas, like I said, pretty close to work, and if I wanted to I could turn in my mileage for reimbursement around town, but for my health and fun, that's why I try.

29 miles one way -- 5 different freeways -- love my bikes, but my cars are the best tool for this job.

My commute just went from 8 miles to 14 miles so I think I will be riding to work less. However I think my new job will be less hard on my knees so maybe it will even out. It's also easy for me 'cause I live out in the boonies. But yes, I could survive without my car.

I think the observation of Rule 6 is one of the things that makes this forum great. There are plenty of other outlets for political or religious discussion. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=61269

big kountry said:
Outskirts I want to see pics that is way kool in my book
Actually I'm hauling in a torn apart washer and dryer soon as the scrapyard opens and it gets light outside. This will be a tandem load spread out over two trailers. Would pull the third too but it's got a flat. I'll be sure to take some pics of my human powered land train. :wink:

Back