CCM Board Tracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is my first build off, and my first attempt at fully customizing a bike.

It's a 1940 CCM, going for the popular board track style but who knows what it really will be in the end.
Going to be fun...

AqjMv_bCEAA9qeD.jpg

I agree, perfect frame... I need to start counting how many CCM bikes their are, the Canadians are invading!

Have fun with your build.

Go Canada! Love the twin bar...will make a great board track. Are those 28" rims? Looking forward to seeing what you do with it. Good day eh?

Hellllllllo out there??
We need an update on this cool bike.
I am giving you a courtesy save from Page 4.
You can give us an update in return.

Thanks for the save and the reminder.

Other than the bike still in pieces that is how it is sitting in the garage. Depending on the weather(they are calling for rain this weekend), it will be prepared and primed for paint.

I bought a older bike for it's wheels to go on this project, but when I picked up the bike it ended up being too nice to rip apart. Note I said older. So since I kept it together all my bike time has been focused on getting that up and running to the point that it can last longer than around the block.

I promise at least one picture will be posted by Monday evening which is the end of my weekend.

The bunnies are getting hungry for an update!!!!!!

bunnyteeth.jpg

The bike show I have been waiting for, for the last pieces before paint is finally tomorrow. The frame is primed, and just cleaning up.
Will post pictures, very soon!
I have failed at this but it will come together.

jamaces said:
The bike show I have been waiting for, for the last pieces before paint is finally tomorrow. The frame is primed, and just cleaning up.
Will post pictures, very soon!
I have failed at this but it will come together.

Not just finished pics! We need progress pics!

So as promised here is the official update.

I primed the frame, didn't do as good of a job as I thought. Got a little heavy with the prime in parts, so I had to sand here and there. There were drips but the sanding helped a little bit because some of the original paint just didn't want to come off. I have painted bikes without prime, and it usually turns out. I was more concerned with having a smooth surface.
7434903002_f619793af6.jpg

I decided to go with a monark springer. I have heard they are not the most reliable for strength, but if I eat it going 10k I learn my lesson.
7434906230_7fe08db993.jpg

These are the additional finds at the bike show today.
I doubt I am going to use both fenders pictured, might just put the fatty on the rear as a little added look. But those are the bars that I was hunting for. Chain guard even though not usually present on board trackers, I like the look of them. It wasn't exactly what I had in mind, but the price was right and I have never come across one before.
7434907320_a6ed34828e.jpg

I am still undeceive on the wheels. I found a contact for a Raleigh with a 28" Sturmey-Archer 3 speed coaster brake. But I don't want another frame kicking around so I'll see if I can swing something to just get the wheels. Another option is striping the wheels off this bike as it is no longer rideable but it's hard to do because I like this bike way too much. The brooks seat that is on this bike though will be swapped. I also have the matching Brook's Slim Leather hand grips to add.
7124803935_9c3d6f09af_b.jpg

Next step is deciding on paint. I will be doing a two tone vivid black with another colour. I am undeceive on either using a red or blue as the accent colour with a white pin stripe. I will probably carry the colour along the monark as well just so it is the same black. No two black's are the same.
I could only find one CCM chain wheel that was in really good shape but the seller wanted an astronomical price for it. The chain wheel, and crank are in pretty rough shape so I will probably go with the Harley-Davidson Silver Engine Paint. I am thinking of going with no chrome, and all dull silver but not 100%. Chrome won't get you home, but it looks nice when your walking it home.
Until next time.

Love the monarks.
I think there are write ups on like for the re-inforcing work you can do to them.

The Freaky Bunnies are getting hungry for an update!!!!!!

bunnyteeth.jpg

So for my yearly update,
The frame is still sitting primed. The monark is completely apart now as I am just starting paint on the hardware, and the forks.

I went with the hi-temp silver Harley-Davidson paint. It's readily available for myself, it's what the shop uses when we are rebuilding, or restoring the older bikes for the engine and hardware. Turns a really nice dull smooth silver finish.

7529147810_5a8bb89c11.jpg

The cranks and the chianwheel turned out really good using this paint, that I have also decided to paint all the chrome hardware on the monark with it as well. Taking away the chrome.

Cranks & Chain wheel finished.
7529075634_ba827bec90.jpg
7529076552_8950645015.jpg

The chain guard was really crusty, so I had sandblasted it clean, and then painted with a primer which i'm really happy how well it is turning out.
Chain guard primed
7529077848_76e018f00e.jpg

The monark parts got their first squirt of the silver paint.
Just before the paint.
7529077046_5f98478763.jpg

I had a really hard time coming across red paint for the actual frame. They couldn't colour match the wheels, and new paint in Canada isn't even worth using when after 3 weeks it still has not cured properly. (thinking about the environment, not personal needs)
So I am going to try the hi-temp silver with a clear coat as a test to see how it will turn out.
Until next time.

Weekly Update.

The hardware for the monarks is completed and had to touch up the cranks a little bit more, the harley hi heat silver worked great.
7577795058_432bb33007.jpg

This silver paint on the chain guard is completed, just letting it cure for the next couple of days and I will tape off and start on the black paint. It's really pocky from the age of the rust, and the condition it was in when I got my hands on it, but it adds character.
7577794726_dca48b4ce1.jpg

I did start painting the monark legs just so the black does match the rest of the bike. Once I get another coat of paint and make sure everything is sitting I will start taping off for the two tone.
7577795386_331e1c922d.jpg

This is the harley-davidson vivid black I am using.
7577794194_44c494a1d9.jpg

This coming week will be painting the other part of the monark's black, cleaning the old red 28" wheels, and hopefully starting paint on the frame. It's coming together slowly but nicely.

I had ordered an old bag off of eBay. Didn't have an idea where it was coming from at the time until I got tracking information.
Bag came from Bulgaria of all places. Neat packaging to say the least.

7605147108_314cc17f96.jpg

I think it will look good hanging off the frame.

7605146284_581012ae86.jpg

Needs some cleaning. The rivets have a little rust on them and there is wax or something on it.

Nice paint choices, they looks great! 8) What HD dealer do you work at? :D

Back