CHANGE IS COMING

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mtbr went thru it some months ago and that's a much bigger site, you'll do alright Steve, no worries

Will the new server host our pics 8) or will we still have to use photobucket? :x This to me is a BIG DEAL. Without pic hosting, there is no permanent record of any pic that has ever been posted on RRB. That, to me, is unacceptable. (go try and find any pic I've ever posted here.) Gary

Awesome site and appreciate all the mods, and site owner for their hard work and input.
As long as it's not that other "change," we kept hearing about I'm ok with it, but if it means some old new tax is starting and I have to get health care, well.......

The newness factor – change is good. 8)

Just curious, is this upgrade/migration planned to occur during the madness of the build off?

B607 said:
Will the new server host our pics 8) or will we still have to use photobucket? :x This to me is a BIG DEAL. Without pic hosting, there is no permanent record of any pic that has ever been posted on RRB. That, to me, is unacceptable. (go try and find any pic I've ever posted here.) Gary

Okay, I'll ask again. Steve, will the new server host our pics? Gary

Upgrading the software reminded me of a post that I put up a while back. I realize that switching platforms will be enough of a headache by itself, but maybe the new software has some built in capabilities that the old one doesn't. :?:

The Renaissance Man said:
I'm wondering if it would be useful to create an interactive map of member locations. It could be limited to general information so that it wouldn't be a risk for anyone. Maybe just a city and screen name.

Example:
fsfmap2.jpg

I started thinking about this as it would help to promote local shows and general networking.

Plus, it would just be fun to see how far spread out everyone is!

I googled free maps, and there are some, but they are probably too limited to handle the number of members here. So it may not be do-able anyway.

...Just an idea.

Back