check out the pics....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that a Pontiac Astre?

I havent seen one of those in forever.

Diggin' the cheater drive timing set up too.

Cool Pics.

magicrat, i run a gear-driven cam setup in everything they are available for--just because gears dont stretch.EVER. i did a cam swap on a motor that had less than 6000miles on a rebuild, with a big brand name steel double roller timing set, ( that was over $100.00 !!! ) and there was over 3/4 inch play in the chain already....went down and picked up a geardrive for it and been putting them in everything i can since. and for the guys who hate the whine associated with them, just have a machine shop groove the idlers .035 deep right in the middle of the idler gears , for full circumference--takes away about 75% of the noise, havent broken one yet--even in legit 10 second street cars. thanks for the 'thumbs up', gonna do a 454 in the vette soon...with a 294/.597/106 flat tappet hydro...2800 stall...3:73's... :D

thefatguy said:
gonna do a 454 in the vette soon...with a 294/.597/106 flat tappet hydro...2800 stall...3:73's... :D

Some guys have all the fun. When It's done I'll race you with my VW. Just give me a 20 second head start...lol.

Back