Check out this bicycle junkyard...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Earlier this week, the family took a vacation to the upper peninsula of Michigan. Out in middle of nowhere, we spotted a yard full of bicycles so we stopped by and I got the camera out. What stinks is that it would be nearly impossible to fit any bikes in the SUV packed with luggage and people, so I didn't take any home but I wanted to take the old school Columbia 9.5 BMX or even the Huffy Sigma. Oh well, at least I got some pictures.

Funny how long the grass is with dozens of lawnmowers on standby eh? :lol:

dsc04997c.jpg

dsc04998.jpg

dsc04999g.jpg

dsc05000t.jpg

dsc05001j.jpg

dsc05002bgf.jpg

dsc05003.jpg

dsc05004.jpg

Also, on the border between Michigan and Ontario, there was this Wal-Mart closing down and I got a huge Schwinn Bikes banner for free. :mrgreen:

There's a yard near here like that, the guy got the bikes from a scrap dealer, then fixed em up & sold em at a flea market. That is, until people started complaining about $20 bikes and they could get new ones at WalMart for just a little more. ~Adam

Seriously saw a similar thing last friday, ended up buying a 24" 51 schwinn from this 18 year old kid with a collection of similararity. Apparently a few years earlier his parents had bought him a barn full of old bikes for him to work on.

yeah, my friend paul back in high school had the same thing, just about. his mom had got him like two truck loads of bikes one day from their family in palmdale. we didn't leave that barn (and it actually was a small barn) for the whole weekend. :mrgreen:

Back