Chestnut Hollow

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://www.nostalgic.net/arc/Chestnut%20Hollow/ What is this place? Is it a museum? A private colection? Skilled photoshoping? Whathever it is, I'm diggin' their backyard trash.

Chestnut%20Hollow%2015.jpg

You will undoubdtedly agree with me when I say that this and other backyard pics are super-shock-icon worthy.

lixoos4.jpg

Hugo

Well that answers the question, Where have all the old bikes gone? Chestnut Hollow. WOW! They must have started collecting back when that old 40 Ford pickup was nearly new. Hope they share that old rust before it become dust. Dangerous Dan

Let's all get together! We need an address, and a BIG TRUCK! (maybe 4-5 BIG TRUCKS)

wow i never noticed that i say "gosh" a lot when i really am trying to say something else. i feel dirty now :oops:

its cool hooch you know i am just messing with you i too go through a few bikes i get some i like then when i get bored of them i sell them and get more. i try to keep it around 15 to 20 too now i have 9 that run and 5 projects i never count bikes that dont run.

He's got some sweet stuff!Very spendy though! Had a tank for my 30's Roolfast on the Bay a couple of weeks ago with a starting price of $300. :shock: :shock: :shock: I did'nt bite at that deal! :wink:
L8 EM :wink:

I can see it in my mind: a long convoy of VW buses and ratty Econolines rolling down some back road in the country with the lights off in the middle of the night. The security guard gets a silent dart in the neck and is knocked out. A line is formed quicly, and those back yard frames are passed from one set of hands to the other, quickly, eficiently and in absolute silence. The vans are loaded up and soon disappear into the night. Only a couple of worn tires remain. That and a note: "We have saved your frames from a rusty demise. We claim them as ours. They are with us, now. They are happy."

This is just fiction, ok? Stealing is wrong! :D

Hugo

Hugo said:
I can see it in my mind: a long convoy of VW buses and ratty Econolines rolling down some back road in the country with the lights off in the middle of the night. The security guard gets a silent dart in the neck and is knocked out. A line is formed quicly, and those back yard frames are passed from one set of hands to the other, quickly, eficiently and in absolute silence. The vans are loaded up and soon disappear into the night. Only a couple of worn tires remain. That and a note: "We have saved your frames from a rusty demise. We claim them as ours. They are with us, now. They are happy."

This is just fiction, ok? Stealing is wrong! :D

Hugo

Ha Ha...Sounds like the beginnings of the first Rat Rod Bikes movie. :mrgreen:

STEALING?...If an animal was being NEGLECTED, wouldn't we all save it! Isn't a herd, a gaggle, or a pride of NEGLECTED bicycles, future animals, waiting to be saved? STEALING is wrong! But coming to the rescue? :roll:

COOL!!! I'm glad someone found "Where the 'old bikes" went! BTW, I'm buying a Ford club van next week so I'll drop out the seats and join the 'convoy', just say when and where! :mrgreen:

KOTA said:
STEALING?...If an animal was being NEGLECTED, wouldn't we all save it! Isn't a herd, a gaggle, or a pride of NEGLECTED bicycles, future animals, waiting to be saved? STEALING is wrong! But coming to the rescue? :roll:
You know, someone could make that very same point about the bikes we are ratting and chopping, and come and take them away from us... :|

Anyway, I've got to post a couple more backyard pictures. They appear to me in my dreams...

Chestnut%20Hollow%2013.jpg

Chestnut%20Hollow%2014.jpg

Hugo

Help Us Get One!!

Back