chopped suzy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
had this girls bike and a little 16" frame kickin around and i was bore so i decided just to start building something new...... hope you guy's like what i have so far...

Picture012.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture014.jpg

i am thinking a wanna drop it a little lower to the ground..
i just need to bend up some forks for for the bike i just have to find a conduit bender then i am golden

Re: hooligan

i absolutely adore this new wave of ratty bikes with the extra rear end welded to the original frame. i'm sure it won't be long before i try this myself.

i'm not sure what it is, but there something about that girls frame that i really dig. the short stays ya welded in place look awesome. just the right length in my opinion.the bike would look killa cool with the very front of the seat resting on the downtube, and tucked in right close to the frame/tire.

cant wait to see the progress on this one

Re: hooligan

love the name no worries i wont bust ya for copy rights . hehe just kidding awsome bike

Re: chopped suzy(the bike formaly known as hooligan.)

OK i bent the forks up at work and it seems to have works and everything seems to have lined up....... so all i have to do is shorten the neck on the forks and i am golden...... hopefully i can do the Sunday...

Picture018.jpg

Picture015.jpg

oh and karfer i thought of a more suitable name last night... hooligan just doesn't suit this bike as well..... so you can call off the lawyers.lol

Re: chopped suzy.. (the bike fomally known as hooligan)

well i shortened the neck to day so the bike is pretty close to being ride able except i am not to sure on how i am going to mount the seat or with what kinda seat to go with....
there's the trusty banana seat
Picture020.jpg

or the regular solo seat...
Picture021.jpg

i am kinda gunning for this one cause i don't have an extra banana seat kicking around... but i will have to mount the seat further band and over the wheel.. let me know what you guy's think and if you have any suggestions for mounting the seat....

Re: chopped suzy.. (the bike breifly known as hooligan)

I like it w/the banana seat, but I'd run the supports to the rear dropouts, maybe weld on some tabs for it. But I know whatcha mean about not having enough 'nanner seats to go around! ~Adam

Wait til ya ride that baby!..With all that NEGATIVE trail, it's gonna be a trip.........I know from experience :lol: , you're gonna love it! NICE job!

ya, that's very KOTAesque. it's cool.

i hope ya know i was just busting your chops :mrgreen:

i just want you to know that i cryed for day's :'( . i figured as much

made a seat post for it.... there's just enough clearance between the seat and the tire....

Picture026.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Picture024.jpg

well i tightened the seat post up with a bracket and scored an old excessive bike seat for it threw a chain on and went for a ride i am going to have to make a chain tightener for the bike cause the chain rubs on the frame a bit. other then that it rides awesome takes a little bit of practice to figure out the turning radius.......

Picture113.jpg

Picture114.jpg

Very nice build, that bike looks strangely cool! Glad to know you kept that seat.
How do you bend those forks like that? I would really like to do that!!!

someone else posted a how to long time ago.... so i used a conduit bender and some elbow grease and presto....

Great! I have a huge jar of elbow grease!!!
I just have to find a conduit bender :cry:
Thanks for the replay!

Back