Chopper (from a tandem) update 4/22

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, maybe this will be a 20 inch I can actually ride! Traded Joe (yeshoney) some parts for the frame. It was a 20inch tandem. Head tube has been laid back, slightly. This makes project number three going on. I never do multi projects, but I'm trying to quit smoking, and trying to keep busy. Those are 25 in dyno bars, taken from one of my wife's bikes, and 20 x 3 tires and rims. Don't know where it's gonna go, Don't know if I like it or not. Any IDEAS?

002-19.jpg

001-21.jpg

Re: Chopper (from a tandem)

nice! never seen a 20' tandem. it makes a great stretch too! that will be a cool project with the wide wheels.

good luck on quitting the smokes! just think of the extra ca$h-ola you'll have :wink:

tikiharl said:
Burrito it !!! You are great at the burrito build plus I have a tandem I want to do that to. Figure I could get some pointers. :wink:
Well, I'll have to stare at it, for a few days. Maybe figure something out. :?

I Like it!! gonna run the crank up front?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Looks cool! What did the frame look like originally? do you have any "before" pictures?

both bb's gonna have sprockets? if not, what ya gonna do to fill the second one?

you could stuff it with something cool (eyeball,skull, casting resine-clear with bugs/alien fetus etc.)
just a thought.

i love this project. i came very close to doing one much the same, but dude wanted way too much for his norco tandem.

American tandems frame are better as ours to do that.
Friend of my done a custom on a tandem frame to but europeans frame are a bite straight.
Nevermind it's cool enough
dsc00605.jpg

i think it will look cool i love those sissybars and seat those are super sweet i will say a pray for you i will ask god to help you quit smoking :)

Aw they ruined smokes anyway. You stop puffing for a minute and they go out. I'm going to give it a whirl in april when they go up $1.00 a pack. Good luck and I know you can do it. Just think your house ..vehicle....clothes will all smell better if you can give them up . Ill be pulling for you and ill post when i try too.

Im quitting too! The tax already started here....$1.00 a pack/$10.00 a carton....
Good luck on both the bike and the quitting!!!

Thanks for the encouragement on quitting smoking, cigs are now over $7.50 a pack in MA...I like smoking, but it is a habit that will now cost over $4000 a year!
As far as the bike, I kinda like the set up the way it is. If I move the seat forward, I won't be able to ride it. Is it joe's Rollfast, don't know. I'll be using just the front sprocket, and doing something like this to the other BB
02.jpg

Tikiharl, as far as making a "burrito" out of it, not this one, not a 20 inch. I wouldn't mind doing a FULL size tandem. :D I plan on making another Burrito soon. ......Thanks for the comments.....I'll keep posting the progress. I FORGOT...I should be getting the tandem chainguard from Joe, at the Monson swap meet.

Back