Chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. :D Did the snow melt this bad up where you are? Man, I got to ride three of my bikes today. Even got my Christmas BMX er' out a little. :mrgreen:

very cool chopper for sure. 8)
i'm partial to choppers. :mrgreen:
sorry, you don't win longest forks. :p
72"-
P3250002.jpg
bottom of gooseneck-ground=36'" :lol:

That is soooooooooo cool !! Love the "groovy chopper" name..totally fits it..yeah i would just leave it as is and ride it..you look good on it..looks like its pretty rideable..and yeah..i get that 40something guy on that bike look all the time..i just laugh it off...thanks for the pics !!
ckdesigns69 said:
You're a cool kid! :wink: Glad ya like it! Most folks that see me on it are trying to figure out why this forty some year old dude is on a bike like this. It is cool and old school. That's why. 8) I call it the " Groovy Chopper ".

KJV said:
72"-
P3250002.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Holy Moly! Now that is a chopper! Did you build that one? That is really cool! Ok. We will need some action pics on that one now! :mrgreen:

old school 64 said:
That is soooooooooo cool !! Love the "groovy chopper" name..totally fits it..yeah i would just leave it as is and ride it..you look good on it..looks like its pretty rideable..and yeah..i get that 40something guy on that bike look all the time..i just laugh it off...thanks for the pics !!
ckdesigns69 said:
You're a cool kid! :wink: Glad ya like it! Most folks that see me on it are trying to figure out why this forty some year old dude is on a bike like this. It is cool and old school. That's why. 8) I call it the " Groovy Chopper ".

Thanks! It is one of my favorite rides! How are the BMX ers coming along? Had mine out yesterday too!

Been working on the Haro first..been polishing it, and decided the white "safelites" off the GT would look better than the black ones, but the rear had a crack, so been fixing that first..should have some progress and pics up soon..
ckdesigns69 said:
old school 64 said:
ckdesigns69 said:

Thanks! It is one of my favorite rides! How are the BMX ers coming along? Had mine out yesterday too!

ckdesigns69 said:
KJV said:
72"-
P3250002.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Holy Moly! Now that is a chopper! Did you build that one? That is really cool! Ok. We will need some action pics on that one now! :mrgreen:
yeah, i built it.action shots ya say ?..
o.k. ya twisted my arm :lol:
P3270002.jpg
P3270003.jpg
P3270005.jpg

KJV said:
CHOPPERS RULE . so, you getting the hang of ridintg that beast ?

Yea, I am getting the hang of it but, I have to keep adjusting the seat and bars. I want to build one. I bought this one but, he also had a stretch that was not even 1/4 done. I love choppers! :mrgreen:

So have you ever ridden a West Coast chopper bicycle ? I have 3 and i love them..really comfortable ride..have one completely stock, one as a satin black / seafoam rimmed bobber, and one that is going to get a stretch this summer..really want to find a Nirve Switchblade..but those things seem to hold the value really good.. :(
ckdesigns69 said:
KJV said:

Yea, I am getting the hang of it but, I have to keep adjusting the seat and bars. I want to build one. I bought this one but, he also had a stretch that was not even 1/4 done. I love choppers! :mrgreen:

old school 64 said:
So have you ever ridden a West Coast chopper bicycle ? I have 3 and i love them..really comfortable ride..have one completely stock, one as a satin black / seafoam rimmed bobber, and one that is going to get a stretch this summer..really want to find a Nirve Switchblade..but those things seem to hold the value really good.. :(
ckdesigns69 said:
KJV said:

I have been on the lookout for wcc bikes but, are hard to find around here. Lots of occ Schwinns. I love that Switchblade too. There are some really cool manufactured chopper bikes out right now but, man the cost is crazy on some of them. I have some great ideas for chopper designs but, don't weld or have tubing benders for frames. I think that will be my next quest, fabrication equipment. There are some builders on here that make me sick how great they are. Makes my spray painting an old Schwinn look like a joke. lol

This is going to turn into one of those stories that start out with "I really kick myself in the rear".......but if it is to fund some more "chopper fun" then i am all for it..but that bike is just too old school and cool.. I have been chasing the Nirve Switchblade for a year or two now and have yet to find one under $200..may have to just get that tax refund and bite the bullet..
ckdesigns69 said:
Ok guys. I have to do it. I think I want to sell my Murray chopper. Look for it on the for sale section. Peace.

Yea, I hate to sell it but, really am needing to save up for my trip to Mississippi in April. I have a barn full of old tank bikes I am picking up and a few others. It's not that I don't ever ride the chopper, just that someone might want it worse than I do. I will let it set on here and see what it does. If no one wants it, I don't really have a problem keeping it. I would like to find something chopper-like in 26" with big fat tires and apes.

Back