Coast King Sportster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's what the bike looked like when I picked it up.
DSCF7192.jpg

It definitely rides better than it did at first - Here's some of the stuff done to it:
ditched the baskets and fenders
Schwinn Bendix rear wheel
new rear tire
antique green dice turned into valve stem caps
chopped the a rear fender bracket for and used for the rear rack
refurbished original pedals
converted an old headlight/taillight set from gererator power to battery and re-wired both
mounted a tail light under the seat using a copper bracket I bent up, battery pack is mounted to the bottom of the rack
turned an old tobacco tin into a battery box for the headlight including a switch (doesn't show up well in the pics)
Then all the normal stuff - trued rims, cleaned/re-packed bearings, chain care etc.
DSCF8083.jpg

Tobacco tin battery holder
DSCF8080.jpg

DSCF8077.jpg

DSCF8069.jpg

DSCF8062.jpg

Check out the green dice valve caps - hard to tell but I'm guessing the dice are about as old as the bike
DSCF8085.jpg

DSCF8068.jpg

DSCF8057.jpg

Any ideas on finding some old leather to make a seat cover would be greatly appreciated!

Nice looking bike! As far as the seat, check around the neighborhood on trash night. If you're lucky, somebody will be tossing out an old chair or sofa that'll have some usable upholstery to recycle. Another possibility is to get one of those padded seat covers from your local bike shop.
PB230410.jpg

Or you could just get some fake fur at the local sewing shop.8)

Back