Collectible Skateboards?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
IMG_1561.jpg
IMG_1560.jpg IMG_1562.jpg IMG_1563.jpg IMG_1564.jpg IMG_1565.JPG

I bought a bike from a guy recently that said "I'm not a bike guy, I'm a skateboard collector but this looked cool." I tried to get him to give me a few things to look out for (brand, shape, anything?) as I see so many skateboards at the fleamarket but he was resistant.

So I don't have any idea what the buy/don't buy criteria are but I took a $2 bet on this one yesterday which looks to be in pretty nice shape. Did I break even? What should I be looking out for?

Last edited:
Honestly a varflex with plastic trucks is not desirable.

I’ve been skateboarding for 20+ years, And what’s hot to collectors for the most part is early, early stuff. 70s, 80s. Certain brands of truck and wheels can pull big money too. I’ve flipped a few, and gotten lucky. But mostly because I know what I’m looking at.(just from being around it most my life.) I have a buddy that collects independent trucks specifically (he also happens to skate for them) and the earlier the better. You’re dealing with a product that was essentially built to be destroyed. I’d put it in the same vain as early bmx. People want what they had as a kid, or what they wish they had. As time moves, generations of what’s collected moves with it, but early will always be in demand. (See TOC Bikes as an example)

Back