Columbia arch frame

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this frame and fork from Chestnut Hallow a couple of summers ago. The frame has been chemically stripped and the crank re-chromed. I still need to straighten the original fork and sandblast it (the fork in the picture is a 26" Shelby). I just got the wheels from Kansas Jack today so I thought I would give it a quick mock-up. Thanks for the great looking set of wheels Jack!
Picture076-1.jpg

Very cool... looking forward to seeing this one progress, very nice wheels and tires :D

Very sweet looking ride can't wait to see it finished.

dude that is looking great. i'm going to need one of those frames someday.

that is cooler than cool. i can't wait to see the finished product.

Rustinkerer said:
dude that is looking great. i'm going to need one of those frames someday.
I second that! :D ~Adam
The Flying Dingo is showing a "similar" frame in his listing, for $15

I know it doesn't look like I have done much but, I have spent the last several evenings with bondo, spot putty and primer/filler. The frame looked like a moon scape after sitting outside for so many years. I also had to straighten the rear triangle. The original fork was bent but, I found another identical fork from a girls bike in my pile-o-parts. I blasted the girls fork and ran the threads down farther with my handy dandy die. After all that work on the fork I found a cool truss fork on ebay and bought it. I think I will run the truss fork. Anyone know what its from? Does not match any of my other 28" truss forks from Schwinn, Elgin or Great Western. Final color coat tomorrow! Dark cobalt blue that almost matches the original color.
Picture086-1.jpg

Picture087-1.jpg

Mystery fork.
Picture089-1.jpg

Girls Columbia fork.

Here are some updated pictures. Still need to finish the seat and rehab some pedals. I also need to fab a bracket for the top of the truss rods. I wish I had a better set of bars, but these will have to do until I find a better pair. I would also like to box pin stripe it and get a Columbia badge that is of the same era.
070-1.jpg

071-1.jpg

072-1.jpg

073-1.jpg

074-1.jpg

PERFECT...PERFECT, color for that bike!

Back