Columbia Superb

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any help on the age and details of this bike, which I'm getting ridable again, would be much appreciated. Thanks

DSCF4532.jpg

DSCF4533.jpg

DSCF4534.jpg

DSCF4535.jpg

DSCF4536.jpg

DSCF4538.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
Here's my '52. Syracuse badged Columbia Five Star Superb. Cant tell if yours is skip tooth....mine is not being a '52. Your rear fender seems correct but front is not. Usually, the Five Star models have upgraded features like more chrome, a horn tank, etc

Thanks for the reply 1oldbikelover. Nice bike - great springer fork.

It isn't a skip tooth.

Yes, sadly, it was missing the front fender. The replacement doesn't look too good. I took a 1951 metal bicycle license plate (MI) off it, so I was wondering if it was older...

DSCF4550.jpg

Your bike is likely a 48 to 50 model. The serial number will id the correct year. Looks like the wheels and chainring have been changed as well. Hope you find a red front fender.
Cool locking front fork.

I agree, that's a nice bike. It may have been skiptooth when new, but it now has an AMF chain wheel from a 60's or 70's bike on it. The serial number should be on the left dropout by the rear axle. Here's a page on those bikes that has everything. Scroll way down for the serial number.

http://vintagecolumbiabikes.com/id79.html

I appreciate the help... cds2323 and Wildcat. I wouldn’t have know that the chainring and wheels had been changed. I’ll find the serial number and go to the link you kindly provided. Thank you.

Back