Coming Soon..... D "X"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Coming Soon..... D "X" - STRIPED!!!!

Got a few shots in ater the striping was completed..
Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

ArtGeco said:
I see "The Kid" did your striping. Nice!

Yes, he's done several things for me. He has a good eye for what I want, and a talented hand to apply the ideas.

Mike "The Kid" came up to the latest FBM ride last Tuesday for Trailer Trash Tuesday to see what this stuff is about. I think he got a pretty good charge out of it.

He is the son of a LONG time friend and great painter, Tom Terrific. Tom painted all but the frame for "The Other Bike" and Mike striped that one as well. I've known Mike since he was about 8 yrs old.

Thanks for the post

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

D "X" is back......
and it went back on the stand today...
I finally sent the kickstand out and had it chromed. I have been procrastinating over this for a long while, as I could not find another stand for it that wasn't damaged in some way.
The other one I did find has some major bite chunks out of the inside, where at some point in its' life, it may have wanted to have a long term relationship with a tire? It also was bent inward pretty badly, but it did hold the bike up for the time it took to send this one out to the chrome shop. I was worried about it getting lost, or whatever, but the shop did a nice job on it, and both the cuff (proper name? piece you see the stand pass through that also holds the retainer pin in.) and the stand came back as things of beauty. I sent it out through a motorcycle shop in Boca Rotten (where they think I may be a couple of bricks short of a stack) that caters to Harley performance. The guy that said "chrome won't get you home" needs to go there and do a study... They have some stuff there that is unreal.

Anyway.. The camera is not up to a picture today, so I'll have to post one after it gets a little charge in life. I'll also have to blow the tires back up to the proper pressure and take it out for a ride!

99.5% completed now, and I am real happy with the outcome!

Pictures at whenever!

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

Love your post war DX. You do nice work. You'll have to get that pre-war DX and do it one of these days. I did one and it's my favorite bike. My kickstand is made by BC Jiffy...marked "drop forged". Ever hear anyone call the stand on a Harley a "Jiffystand"? Same company. Nuthin' but cool.
Regards, B607
ADX010.jpg

B607 said:
Love your post war DX. You do nice work. You'll have to get that pre-war DX and do it one of these days. I did one and it's my favorite bike. My kickstand is made by BC Jiffy...marked "drop forged". Ever hear anyone call the stand on a Harley a "Jiffystand"? Same company. Nuthin' but cool.
Regards, B607

Man!
I love the way those rims look! I have a set of those rims sitting out here from the B-6 that is about to be done. (The B-6 will be getting a set of chrome S-2's) I am thinking they may be living on one of the other not too distant future projects. I still have a straightbar frame/tank/fork sitting here, and a third DX (built 9/11/51) as well. Burgundy or dark red with creme is also among the top of the chart for colors on one of them too. That bike is BEAUTIFUL!

I will be saving that photo and studying it further later...
Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

More ..... D "X" Project

The opportunity arose this morning to take a photo or two, so I did.
Here's a shot of the nice and shiny kickstand ... in all its' taperedness

While we were changing stuff, a couple of things other than the stand got changed. Here is the Front showing the headlight without the visor, and the tank with a chrome block off plate instead of the horn that was in there before. It wasn't very loud, so it came out.

And last, it got Re-seated.. I ran across a B190 a while ago, and it just fits right in there! (and under there too... My butt likes it!)

For now, it is done.. I'm sure there is somethng else it needs so we'll call it 99.75% finished!
Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

Back