CORVETTE....NOW WONDER WOMAN BIKE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
So I changed the direction slightly on this build. I was about half way through the build when my wife says...It looks like a WONDER WOMAN Bike...and it took off from there. I added some new photos at the end of this thread. To show the slight difference.

IMG_1053_zpsacb6e83c.jpg

IMG_1055_zpsff9edda4.jpg

IMG_1052_zps2ec7c616.jpg

IMG_1057_zps998a95e8.jpg

IMG_1059_zps750f25cc.jpg

Re: 50'S CORVETTE...soon to be wife's custom

I'll be watching for sure! :D Show your wife my bike The Young American :wink:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
I'll be watching for sure! :D Show your wife my bike The Young American :wink:

I think i commented on the last bike i did that your Your young american bike kind of inspired me to do the first one. Now my wife wants one too..she likes that bike you built.

The chainguard says that it's '59 or later. If you're not going to be using that rear fender........just let me know. :D

checked out serial number ..was on the dropout. # E032887 from the serial number listings in the HOW TO section..looks like a 1952. I DONT MUCH care really..she's soon to be a 2012 model in a week or 2.

I guess Schwinn didnt make middle weights that year i am told..so as i said..DONT CARE what it is..just care whatit will be. As far as I am concerned..it will be my wife's VETTE...soon

got all the decals in the mail today. chain guard decals..Red SCHWINN CORVETTE...down tube DECAL..RED...and the tank inserts. Nice to find guys that make the vinyl decals now. Those water transfer things are BAAAAAAd..hate them

The tank and chain guard are almost done. Thought i would share a little bit here. The decals were a little harder than i thought..but with some care they went on. One is a little bit off..but it's ok cant tell until you get real close. Next is the springer front end. THE PICS dont do the paint justice. This paint is called X-metal. I put it on over some primer first.AAAHH..didnt work. So i stripped it down agian..went right over the bare metal and it sparkles right through the paint..looks like the paint is metal flaked. Very cool..as i said the photos dont show what it really looks like.

IMG_1084.jpg

IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1094.jpg

IMG_1097.jpg

IMG_1099.jpg

IMG_1086.jpg

Very nice 8) ...paint looks great.

Where were you able to obtain the vinyl decals?

sleepy said:
Very nice 8) ...paint looks great.

Where were you able to obtain the vinyl decals?

Thanks for the compliment. I know this build is not for everyone. The colors may not suit most but we love it and so far it's coming out as expected.

The decals I get from different guys off EBAY. One guy is in Puerto Rico...the other is in the U.S. I contacted them through one of their auctions..asked them if they could do what i wanted and in less than 5 days they were on my door step. Very cool guys. You can get just about anything you want from someone out there. The decals are very nice. Not water transfer..hate those things. They are real high quality and look better then the originals. And very inexpensive. $20 for the set on the tank. $13 i think for the chain guard and down tube decals.

That paint is awesome! :D Great progess so far :wink:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
That paint is awesome! :D Great progess so far :wink:

Man i wish i could get the frame back from the powder coat guy. IM ready to get this thing built. Only a few days until TOur De fat so i hope to get it done for the wife to ride

bon said:
its like Colored Chrome! hey mister powdercoater, the parts are anxiously waiting for the frame! :D

i hope you build it before Tour de fat.. :)

YEEESSS..just got the frame from the powder guy..it's sweeeet. So tonight i start the build and I HOPE it will be done by next weekend. SHould be but ya never know.

Back