Couldn't wait

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I picked up 2 Chinese beach cruisers from a local chain store when they were on sale. I built one up, and was keeping the other frame for RRBBO6. Started collecting parts for the build, and yep.........couldn't wait. I dummied it up and have decided to build it pretty soon, so looks like I'll have to look for something else (or wait til the cruisers go on sale again) for the build-off :) .

I had previously built up a diamond frame Malvern Star, but was never real happy with the frame. The guy who does my powdercoating is really good, and if he finds any putty, marks, dents or pits after he sandblasts, he calls me, and I'll usually pick up the item and repair the areas. When I dropped off the diamond frame, he was going on vacation, and the guy that works for him blasted and coated the frame while he was away. Consequently, there was a number of pitted areas and a small dent left in the frame :( . Cut to the chase, I stripped that bike down and am using the saddle, bars and Sachs Duomatic hub off it on this build. I also got some Electra 26 x 2.35 Vintage Diamonds, and a set of SunRims Double Wide rims.

It'll probably take another month or so to get this finished, as I wil be cutting off the chaingaurd mounts and maybe welding on a coaster brake arm mount. I'll get it powdercoated Gloss Black.....the original paint is very thin and little or no primer is used.

Here's some pics:

Hubs
DSCF1271.jpg

DSCF1267.jpg

Tires/Wheels
DSCF1305.jpg

DSCF1272.jpg

DSCF1307.jpg

Saddle
DSCF1314.jpg

Dummied up before teardown
DSCF1311.jpg

Crank!Basti said:
sweet! What brand is it?

It's branded as a Repco, which was an Australian company, but now owned by Pacific, so I'm guessing it's probably the same as, or similar to the other chain store bikes available in the U.S. and other parts of the world. For $78, it's the cheapest way to get a cruiser frame in Australia. The components are crap, but the frames are pretty good.

bean said:
Crank!Basti said:
sweet! What brand is it?

It's branded as a Repco, which was an Australian company, but now owned by Pacific, so I'm guessing it's probably the same as, or similar to the other chain store bikes available in the U.S. and other parts of the world. For $78, it's the cheapest way to get a cruiser frame in Australia. The components are crap, but the frames are pretty good.

Thanks for the Info. Never seen these around here. :( But $78 is a steal.

Back