Countdown to RRBBO-9! ...START!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally don't really care about votes. I enjoy the build, it doesn't really matter how it places in the end. I usually do my build very differently from the winning bikes on purpose. That's just my style.

This is why for a couple years I have talked about a builder's choice award where only builders of finished bikes cast a vote. It would be interesting to see how it would compare to the actual winner.

This is a great idea! :113:

Hey CeeBee I don't think and I didn't take it as it was directed at Carl. I do understand your feelings about the build off, though remember if the builder built it they still did it no matter how they got the ideas for their build. Also for a few it may be their very first build off bike that they built or even the first bike they built ever. So for them to ask the things you said may be of total help and even get them hooked.

I would love to see a zombie themed bike also.

No problem CeeBee, originally I just thought a zombie bike was kinda cool idea, although not my style, and I wondered how folks would go about it...

I still fail to see a difference worth noting between looking at 10 bikes and making my own choice on what style to build and asking for opinions and getting 10 answers and then making a choice on what style to build...

I don't think anyone just thinks, "I'm gonna build a chrome bike." without at least seeing a chrome something in the past and relating to it. Just because a person asks, "What sprocket should I use?" It hardly means they have no skills, or that their final build isn't totally theirs.

Kingfish had a valid point though, DO your own work. But, where do you draw the line? I don't think any one here does their own rechroming. Although some do have it done. Fair? I don't know, or really care. Point is, opinions vary, so we go with the stated rules.

Carl.

Last edited:
I think asking for advice is really important... for me at least. Take my latest build as an example. On Glenderson, I needed to do a seat post but was completely stuck on how to do it, so I asked for opinions and got suggestions. One of those suggestions was all it took for me to come up with the final idea that I went with.

It's called inspiration :angelic:

Glen.

World War Z zombies, Dawn of the Dead zombies, Walking Dead zombies or authentic Voodoo Zombies?

Merle. :crazy:

I've got a few BONINE builds in mind with starters for them too...
1. 36' Hawthorne stretch, original frame is jacked.
2. 63' Schwinn Snow Rat , I'm ridin' next winter...
3. Tandem bucking bronco circus bike, I like to make people laugh.
4. 24" BMX, I have an old antifreeze colored Mongoose to revive...

But, by no means am I asking for any opinions...lol ;)

Carl.

I think you should post a poll and let us decide which build you should do.
You can call it the Lemming.

Back