Cross Border Pickin for a 1946 Western Flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The original paint is almost all there. I'm loving the scallops on this thing with the orange outlines. Here are some pics of the bike as I got it.

bikestuff323.jpg

bikestuff324.jpg

bikestuff325.jpg

bikestuff326.jpg

bikestuff328.jpg

bikestuff329.jpg

bikestuff330.jpg

bikestuff331.jpg

bikestuff332.jpg

bikestuff333.jpg

Dug out a matching and better looking seat as well as polished the paint up a little. Not too much as I want some of the patina as well.

bikestuff334.jpg

bikestuff335.jpg

bikestuff336.jpg

Very nice! I have a '45 Roadmaster badged bike basically the same down to the paint scheme. Your paint is lovely though; much nicer. Phil (RMS37) will probably be interested in the serial as he's compiling CWC numbers.

Fantastic! I love Morrow hubs (they're even art deco on the inside). You're lucky, I can't ever find bikes with that nice of paint.

This is the first bike I have found with a Morrow hub. Even if you pedal a quarter turn, the back wheel spins for almost a minute, smooth and quiet too. Hopefully I will get it ready for a test ride today. I found the date code for Morrow online and mine is a P2 ('46 February). Are the parts hard to come by for these hubs?

Mine is very close to yours in color and build date. The shorter rear fender is a giveaway as to the date.

RMwithTank.jpg

Back