CRUSTY MURRAY MUSCLE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I couldn't pass this one up...sort of like an abused stray puppy...ha ha.

If I had to guess I would say 60s Murray because of the pointed drop outs?

I like the handlebars and the white stripped rear tire...still holds air!

Just need to come up with some kind of seating solution...maybe a nice worn and yellowed white banana seat.

Has a Bendix rear hub...who knows how crusty it is on the inside. :shock:

DSC_0002-1.jpg

DSC_0010-1.jpg

DSC_0016-1.jpg

DSC_0004-1.jpg

DSC_0011-1.jpg

DSC_0007-1.jpg

DSC_0008-1.jpg

DSC_0013-1.jpg

DSC_0015-1.jpg

cool rear tire, i like the skinny whiteline. same frame as the hiawatha i found a while back too but i think yours probly a sears, they always seemed to go crazy with the seat tube striping. i could be wrong though.

I wondered if it could possibly be a Sears bike by Murray.

I'm guessing there is no way to decipher Murray serial numbers?

likely, my early jc higgins/sears spaceliner frames are murray frames along with some hiawathas and AMCs too, any signs of a headbadge shape ? the sears ones with a headbadge were usually diamond shape and said sears in a circle in the middle. but they also had round stickers later on i believe.

looks like a sears spyder sorta, in the "old christmas ads, blue bike, bottom right hand on the 5th post. ?maybe? :mrgreen:

That looks to be a Murray Wildcat. This is mine after a repaint & new tires/ seat/ grips. I think they were made 65-72. Got mine at a swap meet, the paint was shot, but the chrome was great. Where the down tube meets the smaller tubes on yours looks a little different than mine, but otherwise, they're pretty much the same. Maybe yours is a little newer?
DSCN0135.jpg

Back