CT Newbie Intro....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

My name is Bob. Many people call me BigpantBob. Old nickname given to me by people I used to work with. I have always been into building and making things and figured I try something new with the bikes. I always liked bikes since I was little. Actually anything with two wheels. Over the last few years that has involved the motorized kind. When i was in elementary school I had a huffy 20 inch banana seat bike. That got kinda abused from jumping and I broke spokes. I upgraded from there to a Mongoose BMX bike. I had two of these and the second one I still have.
My friend Ian (ifitsfreeitsforme) kinda got me into this. He has build a few bikes and I joined him with the rest of the CT guys for a ride last month. I had a awesome time and wanted to get my hands dirty making one myself. This time so i won't feel like a outcast riding my vintage 80's BMX. I am not sure what I am going to build yet but I have a few bikes to work with. I'm jsut going to let my creative side flow and see what happens. I guess that's what this is all about anyway.
I'm looking forward to more rides with other Rat Rodders out there. Thanks for reading.
BPB

BPB works with me - like he said, we've been workmates and friends since the last place we worked (BFGoodrich Aerospace) in the 90s. BPB is quite the fabricator and quite the guy. He should fit in here just fine.

I work with those two bananaheads. BPB is the guy that welded my forks for me. Props for Big pants!! I've been spending a lot of time lately restoring my vintage airstream. These guys are making me itch to work on my bikes again.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
^^^ Airstream-head is not to be trusted. (snicker)

not to be trusted?!?!?!?! :eek:

you can trust me .... to drink all your beer and liquor and eat all of your food.

Back