Custom Trike for a good cause

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I did a build of a trike I had for a trade on the West Coast stretch bike I posted about awhile back:
38383662238734-vi.jpg

The stretch was for my oldest's son's birthday since he wanted something "cool" for when we go on rides. Long story short, I took the EZ Roll trike I had and built it for a nice lady that has been battling cancer off and on for a few years and has some sever back problems. This is why she was getting rid of the stretch bike. It was too uncomfortable and painful to ride. She's an older lady, doesn't have a car and lives in a small farm town not far from me. So I built her something she can get on & off of with ease, ride around her town and get two brown paper grocery bags full on when she goes to the store. She's also a big Indianapolis Colts fan, so here's what I came up with.

Before:
EZRollTraveller005-vi.jpg

AFTER:
27396761187026-vi.jpg

Huge Bontrager seat added, 2.125 tires instead of 1.75, front fender added and Indianapolis Colts decal made & applied.

28396761188503-vi.jpg

White brake cable, heavy duty brake lever and larger pedals added.

30396761190467-vi.jpg

Rear "rack" made from Radio Flyer wagon wooden side boards. The rear piece is removable in case she needs to carry something a little bigger.

She's happy, my son is happy, and life is good! :D

Back