cycle truck, schwinn parts box amd more!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey guys I dont think ive ever posted any of my bikes in fresh finds even though I have a devent sized collection but this find is just tooo sweet!

Picked up the cycle truck from a guy I met last year he lives in portland and owned a bike shop that his grandfather started 87 years ago! He just shut it down as he is retiring and has no one to take it over! What a shame! I got all this stuff from him including the schwinn parts box his grandfather stopped carrying schwinn in early fifties so the box is got to be 40's we guessed and its from the original family of owners... It was a fair chunk of change but I couldnt say no. The bicycle and fixit shop sign is steel and a good 9ft long. The lil 20" roadmaster I couldnt say no it looks like a mini version of a big tanker. The cycle truck is a march of 67 he bought from a family friend who ownes a realtor shop they used it way back when then it sat in there basement for years and years I dont think it was ever stored outside theres not s spec of rust on it. I think is in awesome condition especially since these were work horses and usually are beat on and well used.Enjoy :D

20130210_162611_zps491b0dbe.jpg

20130210_162525_zps7a639f99.jpg

20130210_162516_zps214ffcf0.jpg

20130210_162049_zps079fd588.jpg

And now the good stuff!!

20130210_162117_zps4bfeb7c0.jpg

20130210_162056_zps00d821b1.jpg

20130210_162102_zps6dfca2da.jpg

Thanks for looking Ty

That CycleTruck looks to be a later model by the decals and paint color on it. For some reason I think they quit making them in '65. I'll do some looking over on SchwinnCruisers.com. Of course, the serial will tell the story.

Love those later style Cycle Trucks, something about the color and those flat chainguards, awesome score on the parts box :shock: :eek:

I don't think most of us will ever turn something that cool up in a find !!!

bike2112 said:
Can you possibly post some pictures and measurements of the wood platform for the front basket please. I have a CT and need the measurements for the wood part for my basket. It would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah man no problem ill take some measurements when I get home. I havent even had time to play with it yet lol and now its raining here today! Plus this morning my brand new SE 26" quadangle showed up! Its like christmas! :D

CCR said:
Love those later style Cycle Trucks, something about the color and those flat chainguards, awesome score on the parts box :shock: :eek:

I don't think most of us will ever turn something that cool up in a find !!!

Thanks! Yeah I wasnt planing on spending that much money but I couldnt pass it up! There both just too cool!!!

I cant say it enough, congrats! that is some major cool USA made iron!! if any of it comes up for adoption you know who will be able to take them in!!

509clunk said:
I cant say it enough, congrats! that is some major cool USA made iron!! if any of it comes up for adoption you know who will be able to take them in!!

Lol thanks bud im still kinda shocked i got em! you know your always the first on on my dibs list I just better stay first on yours lol

Back