CYCO

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is bad to the bone!

So nice.:cool2:
P1010126.jpg

That is bad to the bone!

Awesome attention to details...superb!

Thanks guys, really appreciate the comments :). Usually on Friday afternoon, I get home from work, have a shower, load my guitars and PA in the car and head off to a gig. No gigs this weekend (which I'm really happy about), so I fired up the grill, and had a couple of cold beverages. While the meat was cooking, I sat down and looked at the bike for a while, and came up with a couple of little things I hadn't thought of before :).

I live less than 5 minutes away from work, so went up to the workshop this afternoon and fabricated the seat mount. My son went with me and took a couple of pics of me working. I put a couple of small tack welds on the post in case I had to move it, but it looks pretty square and where I want it to be.

I wanted the seat post to follow the arc of the rear tire, and am fairly pleased with it. Some people may not even notice something as minor as the post and tire being the same angle/arc, but others will see it. I think it's little details like this that make a difference, and look like it's supposed to be that way........and it makes me happy :)

Shaping the plate on the linisher
P1010133.jpg

Shaped and centre of post hole marked
P1010136.jpg

Filing
P1010140.jpg

Tacked
P1010141.jpg

Test fitting.....I may make a gusset for the post.
P1010143.jpg

Saddle up!!
P1010145.jpg

Nice clean work as usual!

Man I'd be riding this!! Tuff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I got the seat mount welded and brazed today. I have four days off work and only two gigs this long weekend, so hope to get the mount welded onto the frame and start doing some cleaning up of welds, and where I cut stuff off the frame.....then I can fit the BB and check chainline and clearances and take it for a spin before it's stripped for paint. I MIG welded the post underneath and ran a brazed fillet around the top.......it's going to be painted anyway.

P1010155.jpg

P1010162.jpg

Off topic I know, but it's my thread so I don't care :eek:.

I picked up my '70 Valiant on Tuesday :happy:..........I've been waiting four four years to buy this particular car.....it's a one owner 245ci Hemi 6, Torqueflite auto, 133 000 miles. not gonna do too much to it other than drive it.
P1010150.jpg

Back