Dad's Elgin

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't been on the HAMB for a while.
I like your plan for this bike, will keep watching.

20170120_184108.jpg
NOS Brake arm....the original was kinda funky!

I vote no. Nice hot rod look in the pic with the couch. Second pic looks like, " I'm tough, but I still carry a purse." Not that there's anything wrong with that....

That's a great looking ride, and so clean looking
what color are you running on that?
and.I say no 'ugh' to cleaning parts. I may be a weirdo or something, but I love cleaning up parts, seeing them go from grease to gleam
I like it, nice work
:thumbsup:

That's a great looking ride, and so clean looking
what color are you running on that?
and.I say no 'ugh' to cleaning parts. I may be a weirdo or something, but I love cleaning up parts, seeing them go from grease to gleam
I like it, nice work
:thumbsup:

Thanks...I say "Ugh" but I like seeing the transformation too. Although usually its my fingers that think otherwise. The color is a powdercoated RAL-8015. Its called Chestnut Brown. Depending on the light sometimes it looks brown...other times red. It's kinda oldtimey.....I'm happy with it.

Beautiful Elgin bike except for the seat. Just doesn't work for me. Just a comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful Elgin bike except for the seat. Just doesn't work for me. Just a comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is different...my vision was based off 50's-60's Hot Rods. Find a 30's gem, and build it using 50's-60's parts. Speed/Power/Style/Flash was the objective. It's a bit raw.....but when you sit on it and grab the flat ape bars it feels like you should be in the pits doing a burnout. The positioning is perfect! I tried not to use new parts. Moving the riding position back on these bikes really gives it a different feel from their stock upright position. The banana just put my "seat" in the right location.

Thanks...I say "Ugh" but I like seeing the transformation too. Although usually its my fingers that think otherwise. The color is a powdercoated RAL-8015. Its called Chestnut Brown. Depending on the light sometimes it looks brown...other times red. It's kinda oldtimey.....I'm happy with it.

I hear that...fingers are always beat up...but they sure get into places where tools just wont fit, ...;)

Latest posts

Back