Dang, Bike Carrier!!!...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GKK

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I positioned our two cruisers correctly on the trunk mount bike carrier but, when I arrived back home I noticed Three big scratches on my Schwinn cruisers Fork!!!...

I even added thick foam rubber pipe insulation too add softness to the mounting bars and also, protect my cars paint. The ride home was a bit bumpy though.

I guess I'll have to spend $400+ to install a hitch carrier!...

What bike carriers do members here use?...

I never trust those strap on carriers. I see the Hitch Carriers for sale for about 100.00. I bought one at a swap meet last week for 10.00. It is great. I really like it.
But the ultimate would be one that holds them up on the tires instead of the frame.

I have a Ford Crown Vic.... removed the trunk bulkhead, rigged up the rear seat so that I can easily fold it down and voila...instant station wagon. :D

Yeah, I'm going to get the rack that holds the bikes by the two tires, it's a lot easier to load and keeps both wheels secure.

Well, after a lot of bike rack researching, I decided I just didn't want to mount a Hitch to my wifes car.

I searched the internet and read several reviews and watched numerous bike rack videos and finally bought the "Hollywood F1B" trunk mounted bike rack.

I like this particular bike rack because the arms are long and can accommodate large cruiser bikes in odd frame styles. The design is very simple and the wide fame pads keeps the rack stable, it also, is very affordable.

Also, I like the fact that this company has been making these same bike racks since 1973 in Los Angeles.!...
F1B-on-Sedan-c_zpsca2586ad.jpg

Back