Dark Horse

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello.

This is my new bike build. It's a revamp of an old lowrider that I put together a few years back.
I'm sure its condition would have suited some of you fine, but i'd thought I would save it before it got beyond repair.

oldbike1.jpg

The bike was originaly built with an old 20 inch childs frame, and a few store bought accessories.
The wheels (which i'm sure some of you noticed) were also bought a few years back. They are an Australian built wheel by "Matrix Wheels" (think "tuffs" whith a bit more attitude) Unfortunately they're quite hard to track down these days (God knows i've tired). The reflector mounts were shaved, and then they were painted for the classic rat look.

The Plans.....

-Pull it apart
-Refit fenders
-Add tank
-Modify forks
-Add headlight & taillight
-Fitt disk brake
-Make chaingard???
-Smooth it out
-Paint it Black
-Add detailing
-Ride :roll:

Lets Begin.....

bikewelding.jpg

Already striped back and to clean the lines and attach the rear fender this back plate was added.

tankweld.jpg

Chopped and attached the rear fender to the plate and the old fender bracket. Used the the left over fender to tack to top bar with some sheet metal to form a tank.

bikelight.jpg

Had already startded working on a few of the smaller pieces. This is a cheap aftermarket motorbike headlight i picked up. I morphed it with a 51 led bike lamp and mouned a switch where the wires were come out originally.
I painted it all up (Black of course) and grafted it on top of the stem.

Lots more to come on this thing, just hope i can find the time.

Thanks for looking. Cameron.

Back