DEL SOL SHORE LINER DELUXE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Saw this on the CL today and had to jump on it. Let's just say the price was right. :wink:

Turned out to be a 2004 Del Sol Shore Liner Deluxe with a 3 speed Nexus.

It's a fairly large bike and it rides pretty nice. Aluminum frame.

The seller said he bought it at the bike shop, rode it a few times and then kept it in the garage for 3 years.

There's only one little spot on the top bar where the paint is worn off...other than that it's like new.

This is exactly how it looked when I picked it up.

100_5374.jpg

100_5375.jpg

100_5377.jpg

100_5376.jpg

100_5379.jpg

100_5382.jpg

100_5378.jpg

100_5381.jpg

100_5383.jpg

I did finally break down and bought a Saris Bones 3 off the CL last week for $75.

I can fit an entire bike inside my 96 Accord with the back seat folded down, but it's a hassle...ha ha!

yea i need a saris bones for my girlfriends dodge neon... it has a spoiler and other models wont work
I picked up a 4 bike roof rack but when i test fit it on her car..... she said if i put that on her car she would put it in a different spot.... some place where the sun dont shine lol

chaddilac said:
OHHHHHHH Dang! those fenders are screamin for some stripes!!!!!

Lemme do some!

have you tried doing a wheel yet?
I think if you spun a wheel fast and slowly touched the brush it might work
and thats something thats always missing on a modern painted wheel

I had been thinking about the wheel idea too....wasn't sure how easy it would be to pull that off.

Yeah Chad...this bike has some sweet surfaces....pull all the decals off and it would be primed and ready for stripes.

How about some ape hangers? :lol:

Couldn't help messing with it a bit.

Lowered the seat, flipped the bars and got rid of the big Del Sol decal on the chainguard.

The other decals are clear coated on.

Gotta love the cream wall tires.

Looks a little meaner now. 8)

100_5397.jpg

Thanks man...need to figure out what to do about the handlebars and grips...not real crazy about the stockers.

Swapped out the moon bars for some apes today....I think it looks better this way.

Believe it or not, my 4 year old took the last shot. :mrgreen:

100_5447.jpg

100_5451.jpg

100_5452.jpg

100_5454.jpg

Love the apes, a major improvement.

That bike was a nice find.

I think you should buy your 4 year old their own camera, nice work.

Latest posts

Back