Detroit Autorama

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to enter the monark monster...Couldnt afford it, and dont know what days i would be there...
Ive got my school dance winterfest thing...and i was voted prince again...

Lookin forward to seeing any of you guys that can make it!
Great turn out of bikes! Gigs and I will get pics posted after the first of the week!
Gigs got a great compliment from one of the judges. she was asked if she knew who Abbey from NCIS was (the chick the TV show). The Judge said that Gig's bike looked like something that Abbey would have as her own bike!
My bike was surprising the only TallBike!
Stay turned!

One more day to get on down to Cobo Hall. Overall I would rate this years Autorama a good 8.5 out of 10. Lots of new things to see. Heres a couple of overhead shots of the Petri bike show.
overhd2.jpg
overhd1.jpg
And heres what I really like to see.
overhd3.jpg

I was there today. Didn't see any RatRod guys but all the bikes looked great! There were some nice bikes in some of the car displays too. Good job guys! Just outta curiosity, what's it cost to put a bike in the show?

looks like a good time for sure make sure to post pics of the individual bikes when you get a chance

I could not make Autorama, but can you tell me is there a group of bike builders around S E Michigan or for that matter any where in Michigan? I am up in Lapeer amd I'm the goofy old guy with the weird bicycles! I'm looking for other builders.

This my current build. I call it the Chief I've stretched an old Murray frame to extend the bike. I hope to get everything fitted so I can get it off to sandblasting and paint....it was almost 60 today!

chief5.jpg

frame1.jpg

Theres alot of builders in S.e michigan. Check the Freakbikenation.com site and check Great lakes region board. Check the events page for get togethers if your lookin to meet up with a bunch of us. The Ann Arbor show is coming up soon and Im sure you can meet up with plenty of builders there.

Thanks for the info. I posted a New Topic asking the same question I didn't know if I would get a response here. I will be looking for an event to go to....thanks again!

Back