Diggin' the site.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey kids, Donzie here. Not new to "Rat Rods", some years back I built a Model A tub before the term Rat Rod was even coined, I thought it was just old school.
I've been scanning thru the gallery and I gotta say, some of you guys are Fn crazy (in a good way). there are awesome looking rides on here.

I haven't seriously rode a bike since the late 70's, I had a Scwhinn that I'd ride to work.
A year ago we moved in to the city where there's streets and sidewalks so we've decided to buy some bikes. I'd been looking at the Cruisers and vintage looking bikes that are on the market (I am definetly old school). I came home yesterday and my neighbor had this Ross Dune Rider in the front yard for sale. I got it for $20. Not sure if I paid too much but I thought it looked cool. Not sure of the year but looks like maybe 50s or 60s.
Needs new tires and tubes and a chain. The rest is cosmedic stuff.
So are there any rules on this? The chrome fenders, handle bars and rims have some light rusting. The black frame still looks pretty good. I was wondering if I should paint the rims and fenders or just clean 'em up the best I can. I don't think this bike has a lot of collectible value so I don't know if I'd be hurting anything if I make changes to it.
I'm open to suggestions so fire away.

Thanks.
Donzie
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...5209809204_545309203_9499435_1723616877_n.jpg

i would of gave $20 just because of the basket/rack on the back :lol: If it was me I would pull the wheel reflectors off, get a solid chain and some new blackwalls and call it done. Definitely wouldnt be afraid to do anything else that popped in my head either though. Welcome !!!

Thanks. Looks like it will be fun.
Rossbike.jpg

Welcome aboard.
Your timing is right where you could jump into the Build Off!
Look at some of the bikes from previouse build off's in the archive to fill your head with all kind of ideas to steal.
Take a look at some of the curent BO7 build diaries to see how much fun we have.
Jump on in, the water is fine.
By the way, you can sell those baskets on craigslist for about $20 each to help fund the next parts you buy for your Dune Rider build.

All rodz are welcome here trailer queens an all do it to your style an enjoy yourself an welcome to the forum

Back