do as i say, and make sure i do too!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just the other day, my boy was doin a project with my "dollar store dremel". i handed him the sadety glasses, and reminded him hes not allowed to run it without glasses. instead of comblaining, he said thanks,dad, and put them on and went about his business. i was proud. :D
just a little bit ago, i was making a custom headlight. moved the safety glasses out of the way to get the little grinder,(yeah, you know where this is goin),and strted cuttin and grinding and guess what happened? im ok, got the plastic (thats what i was grinding) shrapnel out of my eyes, still a little blurry and watering, but lesson learned. my son wasnt here to see it, trying to decide if i should tell him or not. anyway, point is even if you think its a tiny, cheap little grinder and a piece of plastic, wear the glasses. after all, GOD only gave you one set of eyes.

Yeah, I learned the hard way..grinding on a bike frame and got a sliver of steel in my left pupil...2 days and $250 later I had an eye doctor take it with a scalpel. YES, I never forget eye protection now. :shock: :D

I got a piece of steel in my eye snow blowing the huge storm we got two winters ago. Got pretty bad pretty fast. Made sure to wear glasses for any snow blowing (Scott motorcycle gogles ), weed eating and such cause I don't want to go through it again. The summer after I was working with a grinder, wore glasses and was all good. Went in and took a shower and it washed one sliver into my eye at like 10:45 at night. :-( Needless to say I was at the urgent care first thing after dropping my son off for school. Bah.

Latest posts

Back