Does anyone leave their bike rack attached all the time?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a rack I built to use when I was still mountain biking that fit in the back of a pickup. But most cruisers don't have a quick release front hub, so that's out. I do have 2 different racks that I can use in the back of the truck that holds bikes upright, but neither locks to the truck nor do the bikes lock to the rack.
Sounds like you're going to have to continue carrying your cruisers on your hitch rack, i guess......whatever works for you is the best way! Enjoy!

On all the time, I ride out every morning freecycling.....(you know, looking for roadside goodies.)...had 3 beater bikes on it the other day...
I agree about strap deterioration...that webbing stuff doesn't last forever in the grinding Florida Sun. maybe a conditioner.of some sort....
:thumbsup:
schwinncarJPG.jpg

NextBMXMOD2.jpg

I drive over 50k miles/yr. and use the hatch all the time for work, so I can only leave the strap rack attached on weekends. I could fit a bike in the back (with some pain, thanks to Ford only selling a hatch and not the wagon version of the Focus that they sell in Europe), but I keep work stuff in the "trunk" area and it's annoying to remove (and not forget to put back for Monday). I want to get a sturdier hitch rack, but if I trade for the ST next, the center exhaust will be in the way. Roof racks are even more annoying with the noise and drag, so I only keep them on when I'm actively moving kayaks.

12813926_10153609010063191_6460874331525826454_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back