Does this look legit?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The headtube area looks like a Chicago Schwinn as does the Silver Mist paint. The Grey Ghost was a one year only so it can be valuable. The big problem is the parts it is missing. Fork, front wheel , chainguard and seat are all very pricey.

I think i gotta go check it out today. anything i should look for to make sure its not a wal-,mart schwinn?
location of serial, welds to look for, anything?

Thanks,

kev

Doesn't a Schwinn Gray Ghost have a distinct drop out design? I'm not exactly sure, but I would look that up.
If it were me, I would get it if the motor ran for the coolness of it. Offer him $75, and Nit pick at it, saying there's no fork, seat, front wheel, handelbars/neck, pedals, etc..

i would say no more then $50. most of the bikes with motors i've seen had holes drilled in the frames. so i wouldn't buy it for the frame. also for about $20 to $40 bucks more you can get a new motor kit. because you never know how hard and how long that motor was ran. and missing the entire front end makes me think they ran it into some thing hard. so the frame could be bent. and if the frame is bent you would be paying for a used motor at almost new price.

Back