Done DONE!!!! Capt. America's Zenith Fastback!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't get a lot done this weekend, but I do plan to modify many more sets of handlebars!! These are my favorite ones so far.

IMG_1878.JPG

IMG_1879.JPG

All that is left is a headlight mount, custom shifter, and some cool valve caps. It should be done on schedule!!

Bars came out great!
Not only is this a bad looking ride, it looks like it's gonna be a comfy ride too.

Bars came out great!
Not only is this a bad looking ride, it looks like it's gonna be a comfy ride too.

Thanks brother, I do hope she rides like a cloud. It may get a few miles put on it!

Came out perfect man, Im not usually a fan of those wheel discs at all, but you pulled em off in aces. Lots to love about that right there..... :D

As a veteran thank you for building and sharing this with all of us.
Ah, this bike just shows a small amount of my pride for our country. Your service to us and our country makes a much larger statement! So, THANK YOU!

Love it! I'm thinking about taking a ride up to Springfield just to take it for a test ride! :rockout: :banana:

Love it! I'm thinking about taking a ride up to Springfield just to take it for a test ride! :rockout: :banana:
You would be Welcome! There is a smallish bike event coming up here in May.

Please let us know how the Plasti-dip works on tires, could be option for making whitewalls on some 26x3.0 tires. Cant stop coming back to look at this work of art.

I started making a headlight mount planning to use the threaded shaft on the springer to mount off of. I have a small stash of some fairly thick aluminum strap, so I bent this up.
IMG_1904.JPG

IMG_1905.JPG

Then I cut some more threads on the springer so that I could install a jamb nut under the bracket.

IMG_1906.JPG

IMG_1907.JPG

I polished the bracket up fairly nice and installed it using the top acorn nut to lock it in place.

IMG_1908.JPG

IMG_1909.JPG

Then it was a simple job to bolt the headlight on!
IMG_1911.JPG

IMG_1912.JPG

Sorry about some of these goofy sideways pictures, I'm so tech savvy I impress myself!:crazy:

Thanks brother!! I need someone around to straighten me out most of the time!!:)

I just get off the ship, and I'm sitting in the Orlando airport, and I get to see this thing! Great eye Candy Ted!:thumbsup: I haven't had internet for a week, what a great way to start it all up again.

I just get off the ship, and I'm sitting in the Orlando airport, and I get to see this thing! Great eye Candy Ted!:thumbsup: I haven't had internet for a week, what a great way to start it all up again.
Thanks Chris! I gotta get busy and finish so I can start on my build off bike! I guess that I shouldn't have tried to fit this into such a small window of time.

So, here is a simple shifter build that most anyone could duplicate.
IMG_1923.JPG

I started with this simple motorcycle mirror clamp for a 7/8" handlebar and painted it the same blue as is on the bike.

IMG_1918.JPG

Then I took an expandable automotive freeze plug and cut a short section of handlebar to install the plug into.
IMG_1921.JPG

IMG_1922.JPG

I got a longer bolt to install in the plug so that it will go through the mirror mount and be able to expand into the handlebar section.

IMG_1925.JPG

IMG_1926.JPG

Here is the mount installed on the bike. This is a $5 mount. The mirror mounts are very cheap on ebay and the freeze plugs are available at most automotive stores.

IMG_1927.JPG

This picture shows the nexus shifter installed. I still have the outer piece removed because I epoxed it to my pvc cover earlier.

Back